No power from battery in Bigfoot 25b25fb - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 10:14 PM   #1

Name: Randy
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
No power from battery in Bigfoot 25b25fb

Lost 12 volt power from the battery looked for but can’t find a breaker or fuse anywhere
Tested a live wire from battery to incoming wire to the selanoid and everything works fine.
Any knows the location of the fuse or circuit breaker in a 2009 Bigfoot 25b25fb?
Thanks
Randy
Ranmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmon View Post
Lost 12 volt power from the battery looked for but can’t find a breaker or fuse anywhere
Tested a live wire from battery to incoming wire to the selanoid and everything works fine.
Any knows the location of the fuse or circuit breaker in a 2009 Bigfoot 25b25fb?
Thanks
Randy
there's a master breaker usually right next to the battery compartment, follow the + wire from the battery (I think its red on bigfoots?).

then on the other side of the master breaker, the wire either goes to the power converter input, or it goes to a battery disconnect switch and then to the power converter.

the power converter, if its anything like the couple I've seen, the top half of the door opens when you turn the plastic latch 90 degrees, then give the top of the door a little tug.

behind this door, should be both the AC circuit breakers, and the DC fuses. there's often a couple master fuses, maybe like 30A, which aren't part of the output circuits.

this is the original fuse panel on my Casita, the two green 30A fuses above are the masters, while the various blue and red ones are for the individual circuits, attached to the screws below...

John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:17 AM   #3

Mid Left Coast
ah, and here's the ENTIRE power panel on my Escape 21', which is a much nicer panel than the Casita came wth... this shows the power converter on the bottom, neutral and ground bar on the upper left, the A/C circuit breakers in the upper middle, and the fuse panel to the upper right....

Old 04-20-2018, 06:14 AM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
power

first of all check to make sure you have power from your battery your source

check all fuses you may have blown one

is there a main breaker check it

sounds like your convertor may have blown

you may have to get a skilled person involved

good luck

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #5

Trailer: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
My Bigfoot has a battery disconnect switch near the door. It is in a place that could be very easy to accidently switch it off with a knee.
Mike Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #6

British Columbia
Power

Your help is appreciated
This all started when someone pulled the emergency brake line while my Bigfoot was parked draining the battery which I replaced.
After that I had no power to the battery disconnect solenoid.
I ran a wire to test the voltage from the battery to the disconnect solenoid and it worked... power back .
I also check continuity on the red 6 ga wire between the battery and the solenoid......no luck, so I’m thinking breaker or fuse.
I just can’t find it
Any help finding would be great
Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 11:10 AM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmon View Post
Thanks
Randy
I think the word is "Solenoid"
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #8

British Columbia
Power

I phone Bigfoot and they told me the breaker was inside the front pass through and there it was!
Now I’m back in business
Thanks to all those that replied
Take care
Randy
Old 09-02-2022, 02:27 PM   #9

Name: Shawn
Trailer: 2021 Bigfoot 25B25RT. Prior units: 2019 Escape 21, 2001 Casita SD17
Kentucky
25b25fb and 25b25RQ and 25b25rt

I thought I would update this old thread, we just got back from Michigan. While there my emergency brake line was pulled and activated for an unknown amount of time. We had 12v DC power all week while on 120 AC power, however once we unplugged we had no 12v DC in the camper. I checked the converter and its fuses, all were good. When the truck was plugged in we had 12v in the camper so I made the decision to come home and find the fix at home. The owners manual is no help as it says the DC fuses are in the pantry, nope! Came home found this thread and followed the battery lines into the front left storage compartment, on the 25b25RT and RQ the compartment is also the hot water heater. I took a measurement one side of the fuse which had 12v nothing on the other side, there is a small reset button on the right side of the fuse. All good now!
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #10

Kentucky
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4240.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	147173

Name:	IMG_4239.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	147174

Name:	IMG_4238.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	267.3 KB
ID:	147175
Old 09-03-2022, 09:11 AM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
So it was the the resettable thermal breaker that was the issue ? Just asking because we are to take possession in a couple of months . Thanks.
oldwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:01 AM   #12

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
So it was the the resettable thermal breaker that was the issue ? Just asking because we are to take possession in a couple of months . Thanks.
those thermal breakers don't have pushbutton reset, they self reset. I believe they were referring to that large solenoid isolation switch on the upper left of the last picture.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:43 AM   #13

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
those thermal breakers don't have pushbutton reset, they self reset. I believe they were referring to that large solenoid isolation switch on the upper left of the last picture.
Right I see that now, thank you.
Old 09-03-2022, 12:02 PM   #14

Mid Left Coast
and, btw, i've never seen an isolator like that on a trailer... you usually see those on motorhomes, to isolate the 'house' from the 'engine' battery when the engine is off.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:19 PM   #15

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
John, not a self reset, I have seen those in the past but this one is not that way.

The reset button was on the side of the circuit breaker with the two red wires, one coming from the battery, the other going from the breaker to the battery disconnect solenoid. I am pointing to the button in one of the photos with a black rod. The reason I shared this, the manual doesn't list this circuit breaker anywhere in the manual. Having had many other RV's over the years I knew there would be a overload protection device on the system. Maybe someone else will have this problem and this may save them some headaches. The manual make no reference to this reset or system protection.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:29 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
John, not a self reset, I have seen those in the past but this one is not that way.

The reset button was on the side of the circuit breaker with the two red wires, one coming from the battery, the other going from the breaker to the battery disconnect solenoid. I am pointing to the button in one of the photos with a black rod. The reason I shared this, the manual doesn't list this circuit breaker anywhere in the manual. Having had many other RV's over the years I knew there would be a overload protection device on the system. Maybe someone else will have this problem and this may save them some headaches. The manual make no reference to this reset or system protection.
After reviewing your picture it becomes clear. The Escape thermal breakers were self reseting, ergo John's comment. Good stuff to know before we take possession. I'm installing a 200 amp hour SOK battery upon delivery, be interesting if it charges to capacity with out issues right away. Next year I'll add a second one and an inverter.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #17

Mid Left Coast
Quote:

ah, ok. I've never seen a manual 12V circuit breaker in that form factor. My Escape has two thermal (self resetting) breakers that look just like those.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:04 PM   #18

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
After reviewing your picture it becomes clear. The Escape thermal breakers were self reseting, ergo John's comment. Good stuff to know before we take possession. I'm installing a 200 amp hour SOK battery upon delivery, be interesting if it charges to capacity with out issues right away. Next year I'll add a second one and an inverter.
plan on using 1/0 for your battery main cables if you're getting a 1500 or 2000W inverter, at least for the cables connecting the two 12V batts in parallel, and connecting the batts to the inverter. My 2000W Renogy inverter draws about 180 amps when its running something like my wife's heavy duty hair dryer, and about 120 watts running an electric coffee maker.

also when you parallel two batteries, connect the load + wires to one batteries positive terminal, and the load - wires to the /other/ batteries negative terminal. this equalizes the current and wire resistance between the two batts. make sure the two bridging wires are exactly the same length. Try and find good quality pure copper made in USA welding wire, as a lot of the amazon made-in-china wire is copper coated aluminum and sub gauge. said pure copper heavy gauge wire is $$$. Mine is WindyNation Powerflex brand, which seems quite decent, you can find this on amazon too.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:13 AM   #19

Kentucky
Quote:
John,
I have seen you on the Bigfoot owners sites, I also posted this over there. One of the guys over there cropped my pictures and labeled the lines, fuses, and what each of them do.

You may want to check it out, as the discussion is all Bigfoot related.

Safe travels,
Shawn
Old 09-04-2022, 11:12 AM   #20

Ohio
Quote:
John,
I have seen you on the Bigfoot owners sites, I also posted this over there. One of the guys over there cropped my pictures and labeled the lines, fuses, and what each of them do.

You may want to check it out, as the discussion is all Bigfoot related.

Safe travels,
Shawn
I did see that Shawn and we have interacted before when you were buying your trailer. I appreciate the information. Soon !!!

Tags
battery, bigfoot