Overwhelmed by electrical system - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #29

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
[QUOTE=morgynm;476178]Apparently it has both. I've never used or really noticed the 12v socket as the other is my life saver! [QUOTE]

Boy, even at my advanced age, ya learn something new every day! When did they start putting AC outlets in vehicles?!? Obviously somebody did. Amazing.

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #30

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Just checked the tracking on it and it's on track to be delivered tomorrow! Drumming my fingers in anticipation now. I'm lucky enough to be able to work part-time so I'll have lots of time to get 'er done!

Morgyn
1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia

Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #31

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
[QUOTE=frank_a;476179][QUOTE=morgynm;476178]Apparently it has both. I've never used or really noticed the 12v socket as the other is my life saver!
Quote:

Boy, even at my advanced age, ya learn something new every day! When did they start putting AC outlets in vehicles?!? Obviously somebody did. Amazing.

Frank

Lol! One of my favourite things to say is "if I'm not learning, I might as well be dead".

But, honestly, that feature and the AWD is what kept me with 3 used Vibes over the years. This one is from the last year they were made and I'll be very sad when it goes to the great junkyard in the sky.

Morgyn
1981 13' Boler
Nova Scotia
Old 08-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #32

New York
Good for you Morgyn. I work full time, but it's a 35 hour/week job, so it gives me lots of spare time. I'm waiting on new darkening window shades (in burgundy) and new aluminum wheels for our ParkLiner. Both should be in this week.

Best of luck with your wiring job. There are some good links in this thread for info and I bet you'll do great!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #33

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgynm View Post
Lol! One of my favourite things to say is "if I'm not learning, I might as well be dead".

But, honestly, that feature and the AWD is what kept me with 3 used Vibes over the years. This one is from the last year they were made and I'll be very sad when it goes to the great junkyard in the sky.
I was sad in general when GM put Pontiac to bed. As a long time car enthusiast, it was heart breaking. One of the coolest cars we ever had was a factory supercharged Grand Prix, maybe 2000 model year? Man o man, what a great car that was, and no comparison models anywhere in the GM lineup. Pontiac made great cars!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #34

Name: Sarah
Trailer: 1984 13' Scamp named "Ramblin Rose"
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post

Frank
The first one that I saw was in my 2007 Dodge Caliber that I bought early in 2006 right after production started... every car anyone in my family has bought since then has had one as well.

They are kind of convenient, but of limited usefulness - you only get about 150W of power through the inverter so about all they are good for is charging your phone. Of course a USB adapter for your 12V plug accomplishes the same thing. I like the dual 12W version from scosche, since each port is capable of providing 2.4amps - I can plug in my tablet and my phone and both charge quickly, there's no prioritizing one over the other since most 2 port USB adapters only provide 2.1amps to one, and 1.1 to the other.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #35

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
[QUOTE=frank_a;476179][QUOTE=morgynm;476178]Apparently it has both. I've never used or really noticed the 12v socket as the other is my life saver!
Quote:

Frank
At least 4 or 5 years ago . I'm told it is standard equipment on Ram 2500 trucks
Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #36

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
My sons Toyota has a built in 120 VAC inverter outlet as well.

That aside, you can buy a decent 400 watt Inverter for less than $100, I think I paid about $60 for a 400 watt Cobra inverter that's tied direct to the coach battery via a 40 amp circuit breaker. Has worked great for over two years for computer charging and running a DVD player, electric shaver etc. As mentioned, most cell phones & tablets can be charged with a plug-in USB adapter that fits into a 12 accessory outlet.

Tags
electrical