plug in - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #15
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
And NEITHER does Portland, Oregon. And we don't WANT them As the few years (consecutively) as we get snow, we don't want our city to pay for the investment.

ANYWAY... you need to "winterize" for your domicle. It can be different 750-1,000 miles any direction. OR, what you feel comfortable doing and are willing to pay the consequences, if there are any. Frankly, I think we should ALL head south and forget winterizing.
I agree with that. Time to leave is coming up.

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #16
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
You didn't mention what converter your SCAMP has. If it has the later Progressive Dynamics converter with a smart charger it's fine to leave it plugged in 24/7 as I have mine for several years.

Most of the concern about leaving the power on and the battery connected comes from old-school charging systems that can boil the water out of the battery and permanently damage both the battery as well as the camper.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:12 AM   #17
Name: Jared
Trailer: 1984 19' scamp
I put a new smart converter in, mine stays plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Jared J is offline   Reply With Quote