Power distribution panel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #1

Name: Christine
Trailer: Trillium
Texas
Registry
Power distribution panel

I wanted to see if anyone had used one of these in their rig. I have a 76 Trillium 1300 that I would like to put 1 more outlet, a water pump, and a Maxxair fan in to. I appreciate any assistance.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180510-100142.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	118977
Lowpaidnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowpaidnurse View Post
I wanted to see if anyone had used one of these in their rig. I have a 76 Trillium 1300 that I would like to put 1 more outlet, a water pump, and a Maxxair fan in to. I appreciate any assistance.Attachment 118977
This is what came from scamp on my 2013 13 footer, it looks like a nicely designed distribution panel, i still have plenty of free 12v and 120v slots for future upgrades.
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gompka View Post
This is what came from scamp on my 2013 13 footer, it looks like a nicely designed distribution panel, i still have plenty of free 12v and 120v slots for future upgrades.
Ditto, came in my 2015 year Scamp.. I've pulled it out twice already for modifications. Easy to work on and lots of flexibility. Although it might be easy to do what you want without it (I can't say without being there however). There are so many fuse slots I filled half of them with spare fuses.
Attached Thumbnails
Scamp Fuses April2018.jpg  
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 AM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
When I upgraded my system I got a better panel with smart wizard charging to prolong battery life. That panel you choose doesn't have smart battery charging. With the expense, time and electrical work involved I personally would and did get a better unit.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #5

Name: Jeanette
Trailer: Trailswest Campster
California
Power Disribution Panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
When I upgraded my system I got a better panel with smart wizard charging to prolong battery life. That panel you choose doesn't have smart battery charging. With the expense, time and electrical work involved I personally would and did get a better unit.
I was considering this panel, any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
CD0AB45B-0EFB-4E27-B1D2-257C2EAED936.jpg   5EAF4E19-A7CB-4B6F-9088-3BF58167ED4D.jpg  

Jeanette P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Although it will hook up to one, it doesn't have a converter either, which you'd need to incorporate a battery charger or if you want to hook up any 12 vdc loads. You'd need to either already have, or add, a converter if you don't already have one.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #7

North Carolina
Quote:
...That panel you choose doesn't have smart battery charging. With the expense, time and electrical work involved I personally would and did get a better unit.
It does not have ANY battery charging at all. It is only a power distribution panel. It is intended to be part of a system that includes a converter. With it you can choose any converter you want, trade it out if you want, etc. With an integrated converter with all the fuses and breakers built in, you have to replace the entire unit if it goes bad (and is not repairable). Or you could replace the integrated unit with a converter and a separate power distribution panel.

OP did say they wanted to add some circuits and said nothing about the converter. Hopefully the converter is in good shape and appropriately sized for the added load. If it is, this panel is one way to add some circuits.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #8

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette P. View Post
I was considering this panel, any thoughts?
It all depends on what you have now and what you want to add.

With my rig I could properly add 12 volt circuits to the first panel you mentioned. The rest of my system and my converter were appropriate.

BUT YMMV.

I could probably also add a 120 volt AV outlet/circuit to the panel, but I have no need and so I have not looked into it.
Old 05-12-2018, 06:59 AM   #9

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
New Hampshire
Distribution Panel

Progressive distribution panels, converters, transfer switches, power quality and surge protectors are all used on Escapes, either as std or options. They are relatively inexpensive and designed to play well with each other.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #10

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
New Hampshire
Power Distribution Panel

Brian B-P just PM’d me and is absolutely correct - Escapes use WFCO (not Progressive) for all but the EMS. And Samlex or GoPower inverters and solar controllers. That’s what I get for trusting my memory and not checking first. Thanks for spotting my error!
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote