Questions about my converter - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2019, 08:36 AM   #41

Name: Carter
Trailer: Eco
Kansas
Oddly, while I expected at least a few 12v circuits, so far I'm only finding one that goes to the upper kitchen cabinets then branches out to the cabinets over the dinette and couch.

There's an additional blue/green pair running to the front of the trailer, but I can't figure out what they might have run to.

So, until I can figure out a need for a second circuit, a 12v- bus bar feels like overkill. Given that I'm only running LEDs up there, a single circuit for all that upper lighting should be fine, I think.
Baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #42

Kansas
For any future person who finds this thread and is pondering the 4135, this link is also very helpful:

Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - PD4135 fuse question
Old 07-25-2019, 11:17 AM   #43

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Right Carter... The PD4135 manual mentions BATTERY / CHASSIS GND (-), and there I think they are referring to the converter chassis ground. But they might be referring to running ground wire from this point to the trailer frame.
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:18 AM   #44

Kansas
Well, I haven't tested everything, but I have power!

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-31-2019, 06:24 AM   #45

Name: Lech
Trailer: Trillium
ON
This thread is very helpful as the instruction manual provided with the PD 4135 is bare bones.

I'm about to install this power centre on my Trillium 4500 that had no pre-existing converter so I'm really starting from scratch.

I've decided to install the power centre underneath the dinette seat curb side. Reasons for this being: plenty of room to work should I decide to run more wiring, existing ground wire that connects to the frame runs through this side, and I want to install a water tank on the street side underneath the dinette at a future time.

A couple questions for you folks that have done this before:

On the DC side, what is the second red wire for??? The far left red is for battery but the other one? (Pic below)

Finally, it is my understanding that all DC related negatives are wired into the BATTERY/CHASSIS GND (-) wire, and the ground wire that is connected to my frame be connected to the AC ground bar.

If I have any of this wrong please let me know, or I guess I'll find out sooner or later ��

Anyhow, I got my coffee ready and tunes going. Let's see how it turns out.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190831_081828.jpg  
Lechski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:37 AM   #46

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Q: How do I connect / wire a PD4135?
The Shore AC power cord will come into the unit to the main breaker , netrual bar and ground bar. The AC power is then distributed to 120 Volt items through the AC breakers , neutral and ground bars. The converter Hot, Black, would go to a 15 amp breaker. Just the red wire in position 001 goes to the battery. The second red wire is for a 30 amp max DC circuit , the blacks are for 20 amp max DC circuits.
Your DC items go to the individual numbered wires , corresponding to fuses . + side. Your – return side of DC items go to a ground bar outside of the PD4045 which in turn is connected to the DC – side of the system and battery. Or sometimes the chassis is the DC return and the lights , etc are connected through the chassis.

Source: https://www.progressivedyn.com/servi...ked-questions/
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:39 AM   #47

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
I installed the PD4135 in my Boler 17 last year. Yes the installation manual is bare bones. Everything you have stated is correct. The installation manual does not explain the second red wire; however, someone on the T@B RV forum suggested that its for an optional second battery input.

EDIT: Okay, the explanation that Gordon found on the PD website makes more sense...
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:15 AM   #48

Name: Brad
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Alexandria
John in MI, pls post a picture of your dinette install. Or describe how you mounted it. Thanks
Alohah3 is offline   Reply With Quote