Replacing '82 Scamp Converter - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 11:24 AM   #1

Name: Jacob
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Replacing '82 Scamp Converter

Hello all,

New to the posting, but have been lurking for some time...

I need to replace my converter and am cleaning up the wiring in the process. I purchased a PD9245 converter and a Blue Sea 5026 fuse block. I want to avoid using the battery as a filter and want to have 12v power when plugged into shore power with or without a battery. See diagram

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	82297

I am struggling with actual connections at this point. Can I attach the PD9245 positive, the positive from the tow vehicle, and the battery positive to the positive terminal of the fuse block? Is their another way to connect these positive inputs to the battery while still providing power to the fuse block? I have scoured the internet and am coming up empty. Any pictures of current installs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob
Shake900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:44 AM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
If you can, return the two items you have and get a PD-4045 Power center and you can hook everything together.

But your connections asked about should not be a problem as long as you insulate the positive lead for the battery when it is removed from the battery. You might also ask PD about running the converter without a battery attached, The smart charger ckt may or may not like that....

AND... Run your TV's charging line the battery first, and then connect the battery to the fuse block. You need as few connections as possible and the largest wire you can install, to get good TV charging.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp