RV cord - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #15

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Our fully loaded Scamp set up for a year on the road with water in the tank and full propane weighs 2600 pounds.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #16

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomK View Post
Carl, what is a "PA inspection"? Is that a type of safety inspection? If so, how often is that required? Nothing like that here in IL, but we have recurring emission tests on our vehicles. I remember years ago when we lived in VA, they had an annual "Safety Insp" on motorized vehicles. It was really a scheme to collect property tax on your vehicles. Just curious.

Tom
Hi Tom;
Lucky for me, the emission tests here in IllAnnoy are only required for the residents of the 5 county RTA district!
I once turbocharged an RX7 for a friend and he had to get his mailing address changed in order to keep the car!

Old 11-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #17

Name: Roger
Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300 "Homelet"/2014 Subaru Outback "Rosie"
Washington
Registry
Smile Stop and get a weigh.

I picked that up, too. Scamp says:

"Approximate weight 2200-2600#

"The axle is rated at 3500#

"However, the TIRES are 13" and are rated "C" load. "

http://www.trailmastertrailers.com/p...are_safety.pdf

A 13" "C" load tire is rated to carry 1480#. That means 2960# for the trailer. Never mind what the axle rating is.

There is also a load rating number. If the number is 93 or below, your trailer is NOT rated for carrying over 3000#

Now convince a government functionary of that!

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:27 AM   #18
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
When i registered mine, the certificate of origin that came from the manufacturer had the weight of the trailer. Because it was a travel trailer and not intended for hauling, that's the weight they used. The weight cut off here is 1500 lbs and inspections are what ever they can get away with, typically $30-$35. As suggested, get the trailer weighed, get a weight slip and plead for mercy. Use the money you save for paying campground fees. Good luck, Raz
Old 11-09-2014, 07:00 AM   #19

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Hi Tom;
Lucky for me, the emission tests here in IllAnnoy are only required for the residents of the 5 county RTA district!
I once turbocharged an RX7 for a friend and he had to get his mailing address changed in order to keep the car!
Hi Floyd, I didn't realize the emissions inspection was a local tax. I remember discussing the high cost of our trailer plates with you at the LBL Rally. Your's were far less. Now I'm wondering if our license plate prices are based on the county we live in? I'm going to check into that soon. Looking forward to seeing you in FL. in Feb.!

Carl, apologies to you. I hi-jacked this thread of your's about extension cords when I asked about the PA Inspection. I didn't mean to do that, but I find it fascinating to read about all the creative ways our officials have come up with to separate us from our money. It sounds like you got the answer you needed about the outdoor cords before that happened. Good luck!

Tom
Old 11-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #20

Name: Ken
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 16' deluxe 2008 FJ Cruiser
Pennsylvania
One last comment on Pa inspection. When having your new trailer titled in Pa have the notary list it as 3000lb or less. That means no inspection. This is what our guy did for us. Makes life a little easier. Also something I did not know no sales tax on the option on the new trailer.
Ken
Old 11-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
There is also a load rating number. If the number is 93 or below, your trailer is NOT rated for carrying over 3000#

Now convince a government functionary of that!
Hummm may be as simple as asking the trailer manufacture to supply a letter/fax stating the actual load rating of the trailer.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote