Solar - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2019, 01:42 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Currently shopping
Maryland
Solar

There seem to be some bright folks on this site...
Does”Two 100 watts solar panels will produce the necessary energy to provide your ultra-powerful 100 amperes battery and the 2000 watts inverter with its 55 amperes charger will convert 12 volts energy into electrical supply to operate all of your electrical appliances.

No more need for sites that offer all services, here you are ready to embark on adventures in the most beautiful parts of the world.

This small travel trailer only weighs 950 pounds and can sleep 3 people, it is specially designed for compact cars.

Naturally it comes standard with, its powerful battery, its solar panel, its 2000 watts inverter and 55 amperes charger, but it also offers a portable electric heater, electrical induction hob, a 1.7 cubic foot refrigerator, a bag awning, tempered glass windows and much more.”this spec from the protec 12 v sound like a winner I just don’t know enough?
OgleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgleJohn View Post
This small travel trailer only weighs 950 pounds and can sleep 3 people, it is specially designed for compact cars.

What trailer is this?
Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Am I right in assuming that everything in quotes is pulled from some ad you saw? So everything between "does" and "this spec" is copied from an ad? Sorry it's a pretty confusing post. I'd say that if you copied and pasted that info, it sounds kind of like a scam, honestly.

The ad seems to be for a trailer with solar, correct? Not a solar setup for trailer.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgleJohn View Post
There seem to be some bright folks on this site...
Does”Two 100 watts solar panels will produce the necessary energy to provide your ultra-powerful 100 amperes battery and the 2000 watts inverter with its 55 amperes charger will convert 12 volts energy into electrical supply to operate all of your electrical appliances.

No more need for sites that offer all services, here you are ready to embark on adventures in the most beautiful parts of the world.

Naturally it comes standard with, its powerful battery, its solar panel, its 2000 watts inverter and 55 amperes charger, but it also offers a portable electric heater, electrical induction hob, a 1.7 cubic foot refrigerator, a bag awning, tempered glass windows and much more.”this spec from the protec 12 v sound like a winner I just don’t know enough?
As to having enough battery, a single 100 amp hour battery will not run a 2000 watt inverter at full load (it will draw over 200 amps) but if the loads are small enough, it will work. I'd prefer a couple of 220 amp hour 6V golf cart batteries if I was going to run that large an inverter.

I use a pair off 6V batteries, combined with 320 watts of solar to drive a 1500 watt inverter I use to make a pot of coffee, sometimes toast, and short runs of a microwave adjustable between 500 - 950 watts.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #5

Trailer: Currently shopping
Maryland
Sorry, roulette prolite 12V, not a molded glass TT.
OgleJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:57 PM   #6

Montana
I'm still a bit confused. Are you asking about a trailer with solar, or are you asking about solar, for a trailer? When I google roulette prolite I get a trailer. 12V refers to the electrical system in a trailer, and the battery. But a roulette prolite appears to be a camper trailer.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachO View Post
I'm still a bit confused. Are you asking about a trailer with solar, or are you asking about solar, for a trailer? When I google roulette prolite I get a trailer. 12V refers to the electrical system in a trailer, and the battery. But a roulette prolite appears to be a camper trailer.
Thanks for asking the questions I was trying to assemble, but couldn't even figure out how to ask.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:58 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
It took me several tries to parse through his post.

I found the Roulotte's Prolite and the 12V is one of their models. All electric on a 100 amp-hour battery and two solar panels. I started to run through all the issues and it read like a train wreck. I felt I was being unkind so I quit the analysis. I didn't want to start searching for how much current an induction cook top needed. An electric space heater? What, the low setting is probably 500 watts. His two solar panels is only giving him 200 watts, in the full sun.

It's a system's discussion on a trailer not even in our "wheelhouse".
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:32 AM   #9

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There is an active forum for that make and model of trailer. That is the forum to ask your questions in. They mostly communicate in French since it is in that part of Canada but there are translators for English.

Here is the link to where you need to go to read it in English.

https://translate.google.com/transla...m/&prev=search
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #10

Montana
Glad we figured that one out...

Tags
solar