Solar Panel Connetion adding a controller too... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #15

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
I have 3 (15 watt 1.25 amp) solar panels and I am trying to find a way to have them plug into my new morning star controller. I my plug in 1 2 or all 3 depending on my needs .
I park in the shade and remote the panels.

So I want connectors outside the SCAMP going into one connection on the controller
Need some type of connector 3 in 1 out.
Could used some ideas.
THANKS DAVE
So what you need is something like this:
http://www.amsolar.com/combinerboxes.html

It is much more then you need but might give you some ideas for your search.

You probably could make a 3 to 1 adapter.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #16

Name: Don
Trailer: Compact Hunter I
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Found the same Marinco kit for a lower price and free shipping -- at Amazon.com

Also found the spec sheets at Marinco.com, so I can check the dimensions to see if it will be easy to replace my existing port.
Well, I decided I like this so much better than what I have, that I'll just get it and worry about cleaning up my old installation later. Worst case, I may have one small hole to plug with a rivet or Bondo or something.

So I went back to amazon.com, and happened to scroll down on the product page, and found one by Minn Kota that's not only less expensive, but appears to be identical, just rebranded. It even shows "Marinco" embossed on the plug in the product photo (looks like even the Minn Kota Motors site has this same photo). So I ordered the plug/receptacle kit, for $30 shipped. Link to the product page is here.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:40 PM   #17

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Quote:
Well, I decided I like this so much better than what I have, that I'll just get it and worry about cleaning up my old installation later. Worst case, I may have one small hole to plug with a rivet or Bondo or something.

So I went back to amazon.com, and happened to scroll down on the product page, and found one by Minn Kota that's not only less expensive, but appears to be identical, just rebranded. It even shows "Marinco" embossed on the plug in the product photo (looks like even the Minn Kota Motors site has this same photo). So I ordered the plug/receptacle kit, for $30 shipped. Link to the product page is here.
These are the ones I was suggesting from Walmart too.

Tags
solar, solar panel