Solar Panel controls - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Solar Panel controls

I will try to make this short, but I am a little in the dark. I am the new owner of a 25B25 Bigfoot that has a factory solar panel (13SOL, weighing 15 lbs.) The wire from the panel goes into the top of the ref. vent, but I cannot follow it from there. Supposed to be a SunGuard control panel, but have not found this. No circuit is labeled Solar. Disconnecting the battery on a sunny day appears to show no output from the panel.
Where did they put the control? How do I trouble shoot without tearing the side out?
A wiring diagram would be helpful, but have not found one yet.
Bob
Bhamm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
did you....???

first thing I'd try is contact the seller...
second thing would be to remove the exterior side panel for the fridge and follow the wire....

solar panel (13SOL, weighing 15 lbs.) The wire from the panel goes into the top of the ref. vent, but I cannot follow it from there.

useful panel information is panel dimensions and wattage....you supply neither unfortunately....
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #3

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
First off you should contact the people u bought it from.

There should be a charge controller wired into it somewhere, we put ours on a wall where it can be easily seen, has a bunch of little lights on it and sometimes they come with a dial when it reaches it's limit it shuts the charge off so it does not over charge the battery. Who ever sold you this Trailer should of filled you in on it all.
To get the wire down to the battery, u never want to drill or cut a hole into the trailer, if you do then your open to water problems. The easiest way is down the Fridge vent, bathroom vent or any vent that is already there.
Solar power is just like Electrical power going into your home, u cannot see it unless you get a shock then u only know it is working when u turn a light on or run a item that needs power.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar, solar panel