Trillium 1300 wiring help - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #29
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
I found out the hard way, that the lights are more expensive purchased separately than as a kit. LH = $34.19, RH = $26.42 Total = $50.61
Previous sale prices at Princess Auto was $39.99, upcoming sale is $49.99.
For those with intact wiring that want to convert to LED in the rear:

I'm pretty sure these are the same lights. Available right now online for twenty bucks the pair plus shipping. Did the calculation to my zip code, and UPS ground shipping would be $16.76...$37.00 for the pair delivered to your door, mounting hardware/wiring instructions included.

Link to page

Propane Facts vs. Fiction:. Click here
Tow Limit Calculator: Click here
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #30
Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I bought that set at Harbor Freight and they still have them on the shelves.

Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #31
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Good find for the Americans Francesca!
Shipped from:
DIY Trailer Parts
3301 W. Navy Blvd.
Pensacola, Florida 32505
United States
That $37 USD comes out to over $40 CDN at the current exchange rate. UPS won't let that slip by and will want to sting you for their brokerage fees to bring it up here. May as well double the price plus some.
I used their shipping calculator which gave 2 shipping options to Toronto. UPS worldwide expidited @ $88.47 or UPS worldwide express @ $100.01. Both services include brokerage.
I'll have to mark the site for my next trip to the USA. If they only mailed stuff, they would have our market for these.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #32
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
My Trillium came with LED lights. Because of the multi lamp nature of the fixture, I find them brighter and thus easier to see. I think they are safer. They also draw less current than an incandecent bulb and are less taxing on some tow vehicle light systems. But while LEDs last a long time the electronic circuitry that makes them work may not. And because they are sealed, even someone with the skills to repair them can't. When one of the four on my Trillium failed, it was $40 for the replacement. Luckily the replacement was still being made. An incandescent fixture that looked the same was 1/2 the price and the bulb sells for $2 at any parts store. Just a thought. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
Raz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #33
Name: marvonw
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Great Lakes area-US
12v schematic

Completing Dave's request for what I have on my 12v re-do here is a schematic of the interior wiring. A big thanks to Roy for "shrinking" it so I could upload it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12v Schematic-small.pdf (179.3 KB, 33 views)
Marv Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #34
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Except for the white ground wire, the wiring colors on those lights are wrong for the Trillium, as given on the original wiring diagram. link

Here's before/after, beginning with original wire color :
LT/stop: red; changes to: yellow
RT/stop: brown; changes to: green
Tail/sidemarkers: green; changes to: brown
I think the green is still for marker lights, and the brown is still RT/stop. The reason I say this is that green goes to both sides. So the only change then is red changes to yellow. I would also run a separate white -12VDC, instead of using the frame, as these lights are designed to do.

BTW, Great find on those tail lights only. Too bad us Canadians are out in the cold on that.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #35
Name: Cat
Trailer: Trillium
Hello all! The wiring is done! Managed to blow a fuse on my car (since replaced) and do something else (?) but the trillium lights up brilliantly... When plugged in to someone else's car. Next step: figure out what I've done to my jeep that would have the running lights on the trailer work, but not the brakes/signals/hazards. Google has a lot of ideas, but I might just call my dealer on this one.
Lilytrilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #36
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
I think the green is still for marker lights, and the brown is still RT/stop. The reason I say this is that green goes to both sides.
OK, so after actually looking at it, I retract this statement. The green does not go to both sides.

Francesca is correct on all counts. The wire, that comes with the LED tail lights, is useless in a Trillium. I will instead go to Princess Auto and just buy the correct colors on a spool.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote