Truckfridge won't run off converter, why? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-01-2015, 05:54 PM   #15
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
Your converter may not be able to maintain the proper output voltage when subject to the compressor's starting current . If the load on a DC power supply is greater than its rating the power supply will regulate
the voltage to get the current down to a safe level .The battery has no such regulation. As Mr. Miller suggested I would check the voltage at the refrigerator when the compressor is trying to start. "No load voltage is meaningless in this situation" I would speculate that the voltage at the refrigerator is enough to make the compressor hum but not enough to develop sufficient torque to get the compressor to turn/run.

steve dunham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #16
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Tim, I have the same refrigerator, and when I had our NOVAKOOL 12 volt danfoss style compressor refrigerator, the factory guy told me to hook it up directly to the battery (via a fuse).....I did and never had any problems. I didn't hook up our Truckfridge, as the Lil Snoozy factory installed it for me, but since the Lil Snoozy only comes with a battery charger, it must be hooked up directly to the battery. Hope this helps.
Dave & Paula

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:31 AM   #17
Name: Frank
Trailer: Scamp 16 Side dinette
truckfridge 130

Specs say 60 watts input should be around 5 amps.
Frank F
frankcfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:17 AM   #18
Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp
Here is a troubleshooting page:

If when starting the voltage drops below the 10.4 volt level for even an instant then the compressor will lock out. Voltage has to be over 11.7 to reset.

Here is another troubleshooting guide:

This is one reason I got a (very) old swing compressor refrigerator- no starting surge. (noisy however!) The Engle uses swing compressors as well.

redbarron55 is online now   Reply With Quote