U-Haul taillight voodoo - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #15
Name: Perk
Trailer: U-Haul VT 16FT

How goes your efforts on restoring the VT? I am new to the VT also as I just bought one in Albuquerque last month. Seems like someone got the last one for sale in Tucson a while ago

Hope to hear how your progress is going.

Perk in Tucson

Originally Posted by Jonathan Wright View Post
I've been restoring a U-Haul 16' VT over the last six weeks, and was getting ready to take it on the road.

Apparently I did not determine that there was some dysfunction in the taillights when I drove it home. The entire assembly (both sides) lights up when the right turn signal is turned on, but the left turn seems to be functioning properly. The running lights appear to be out as well.

My question is this: My tow vehicle (1995 Toyota 4Runner w 3L/V6) is equipped with a Tekonsha electric brake controller that was professionally installed. Since the U-Haul only has an inertial brake system, is it possible that the extra line for the electric brake controller is sending a conflicting additional signal that is causing the problem? I'm trying to find a schematic for the Tekonsha 7-pin plug socket on the hitch as well to attempt to disable this temporarily.

Enjoy the Adventure
1985 16ft U-Haul VT
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search