Uhaul exterior wiring question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
If you still want to do a 7 pin , I have included pictures from the splitter box that Uhaul used on the VT which came with a 7 pin connector. You should have the same color wires for Stop,tail marker, Turn,etc.just in a smaller package. I probably have a crude wiring diagram somewhere based on my rewire of the beast to my liking. Never could figure out the Master cut off switch, When I rewired it to the way I thought it should be I blew fuses so reverted to their funky method, even today I have to shut it off when on shore power or I don't charge the batteries from the converter.On Solar it works just fine. If you need more info just PM me.The terminals are numbered 1-8 with the following coming in white 8,Blue 7,Yellow6,Brown 5,REd 4,Green3,White 2 Jumpered,Black 1. The outputs can be seen on the cover picture
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0169.jpg   IMG_0170.jpg  

mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #16
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Chris; thanks for the clarification on the wiring and light sockets. Since I replaced all my wiring I couldn't remember what each was in the original harness.

mary and bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Originally Posted by mmeyer View Post
If you still want to do a 7 pin , I have included pictures from the splitter box that Uhaul used on the VT which came with a 7 pin connector...
If a termination box like this is missing, one is readily available (usually in black, with seven stud terminals in it) for a few dollars from anyone selling supplies for commercial trailers. They are suitable for outside mounting, and I use one on the tongue of my Boler to tie the cable from the tug to the trailer wiring. This is much more accessible than the rat's nest of wires under the dinette seat that Boler created.

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote