Old 04-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #15

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeCamp View Post
Thanks,
Is this it? The price is sure right!
12V 100Ah SOLAR WIND AGM SLA DEEP CYCLE VRLA BATTERY 12V 24V 48V Universal Power Group
http://www.amazon.com/100Ah-SOLAR-WI..._huc_mrai_2_dp
Yes this is the one. If you read the reviews this battery is purchased by a lot of solar power folks. This battery is listed several times by Amazon on their site.
If you read enough reviews you will discover several RV users who liked this battery. My review is somewhere on this site.

I also purchased a small volt meter when I got this battery. I have monitored it since I installed it and I am very pleased by its performance.
Last year I returned to Walmart for a full refund a RV/ Marine so called deep cycle battery group 27 size. It failed repeatedly in the four months that I owned it. I then read the 12 volt side of life...educated myself and found this true AGM deep cycle battery. It arrived fully charged and in perfect condition. It should give many years of service. Hard to beat Amazon for both quality and price!

We do about 50/50 boondock lakeside camping and hookup camping every year now that we are retired but only during spring/summer/fall...no winter camping.

Good Luck and happy camping!!!

Old 04-29-2016, 09:57 PM   #16

Name: Ransom
Trailer: plan on buying lil snoozy
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
Yes this is the one. If you read the reviews this battery is purchased by a lot of solar power folks. This battery is listed several times by Amazon on their site.
If you read enough reviews you will discover several RV users who liked this battery. My review is somewhere on this site.

I also purchased a small volt meter when I got this battery. I have monitored it since I installed it and I am very pleased by its performance.
Last year I returned to Walmart for a full refund a RV/ Marine so called deep cycle battery group 27 size. It failed repeatedly in the four months that I owned it. I then read the 12 volt side of life...educated myself and found this true AGM deep cycle battery. It arrived fully charged and in perfect condition. It should give many years of service. Hard to beat Amazon for both quality and price!

We do about 50/50 boondock lakeside camping and hookup camping every year now that we are retired but only during spring/summer/fall...no winter camping.

Good Luck and happy camping!!!
do you know where to find the charge parameters for thus battery, the specifications? i dont see them on the mahufacturers web site.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:28 AM   #17

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
I just use this battery as any deep cycle battery. I monitor voltage with the meter and use the guidelines from the website..the 12 volt side of life.
The endless series of user reviews satisfied me that this battery would keep my travel trailer going.
I try not to over analyze.

If you take the time to read the website: The 12 volt side of life. All your charging questions will be answered...and more! Your travel trailer should have a 3 stage battery charging system as it came from the factory...a simple voltage meter will confirm it is working and keep you informed as to the status of the battery.

The "UB121000" AGM battery is rated at 100AH. The dozens of reviews of this product on Amazon should reassure you it will handle your needs.

Happy Camping
Old 04-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #18

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Renogy has announced their new 100MB 100 watt panels (Sams Club, $159)...remarkably smaller footprint than the standard Renogy hard or flex panel....
That is a good price.. their list price is $220 and even Amazon has it listed at that price. If buying one, make sure you do not confuse it with the standard mono panel. I have the standard mono one and am wondering if I should mount it on the roof, or get the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
And a good mppt controller with the panels in series should give best results.

For another opinion as it applies to the solar systems most common in small campers I suggesting reading section C-1 in this FAQ
Old 04-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #19

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
As the OP's goal is to have enough power to run a 12V fridge I would suggest that installing 2 6V batteries on a serial connection to generate 12V might be more cost effective based on Amp hours that they would produce.

While connecting the 6v battery in a serial connection (to generate 12V power) does not double the amp hours of the 6V battery the fact is that most of the 6V batteries are rated at well over 200 amp hours. For example the two 6V batteries in my SOB trailer give me 2.5 times the number of AH that the 100 AH the AGM battery mentioned does.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery