13' Scamp Water system diagram - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #1

Trailer: 1993 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Hi,

My wife and I just bought a 1993 13' Scamp last week. I have a question on the water system. The pump turns on, but doesn't seem to build up pressure. I hear some gurgling out of the faucets when open, but nothing comes out. I haven't pulled the pump yet to make sure it is pumping, but in looking at the plumbing, something looks odd to me. Attached is a sketch of the way the system is plumbed. The pump is connected to the supply lines for both the faucets, but I'm not sure which one is the IN and which is the OUT connection to the pump. But it just doesn't seem right. We bought it from the original owner who said it is mostly stock (and it is in very good condition), but I'm wondering if someone maybe replaced a water line or something and put it back together wrong. Can someone please take a look at this diagram and let me know if it is the way it was intended?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
H2O_Diagram.jpg  
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
The pump should be on the line from the tank, BEFORE any faucets.

On your drawing you have it between the faucets and if you have the one on the left open you will suck air.

Bill K

Quote:
Hi,
Can someone please take a look at this diagram and let me know if it is the way it was intended?

Thanks!
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I believe your pump should be between your tank and your first faucet. And makes sure you have a check valve of some kind between your city water intake and your holding tank. If you don't, the pressure from the city water source will backfill your tank to excess and overflow.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #4

Registry
Thanks to a private message from another member, I have discovered the "faucet" on the left is actually a hand pump. So this changes things completely...off to investigate further...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #5

Registry
Ok, so I've updated the schematic - things changed when I found out the left side was a hand pump. I did find the 12V pump was plumbed backwards (maybe the PO replaced the pump just before the sale and put it in backwards). Also, the check valve on the city water inlet is broken, so I will replace that. But looking at it now, everything should work correctly once I get those items fixed. See attachment for updated diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
H2O_Diagram.jpg  

Tags
scamp