17’casita plumbing - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2019, 11:11 AM   #1

Name: Eric
Trailer: Casita
KY
17’casita plumbing

I just bought a casita so I am new to the forum. The casita I bought in an auction and the plumbing is messed up I’m assuming someone hit something. Anyhow I need to fix it but it would be nice to have a photo of what it is supposed to look like. The 3” elbow is also cracked so I will probably be replacing all the underneath plumbing. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I couldn’t get the picture to upload.
Serialgriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 07:52 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Here is one, I had on file, There is a bypass value located where the water runs into the hot water heater, where the "T" in the blue line is located, it may need to be turned the other way for water to pass into the heater. Since you didn't tell us anything about what is happening, we have no where to start with your problem. I would join this forum and there will be many there to help you, including me. https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/ it is the Casita Forum.

trainman
Attached Thumbnails
Casita Water System.gif  
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #3

KY
I need a picture of the black and grey water dump valve. Mine are broke off.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:10 PM   #4

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Is this what you are looking for? The dump plumbing discussion begins at 3:10.

https://youtu.be/BLEJKDQvTqo?t=190

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mine 098.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	129831
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:29 AM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
This should be an easy repair, you will have to get a new valve, I would purchase online for best price. 3" pipe on the black tank and 1 1/2" on the gray tank side, standard valve. If you need other fittings you can get them at Home Depot, they will be white, but if you want black you will probably have to get them at a RV supply, probably 3 times the price. You can paint them black. Do check and see if there is any other damage up where the pipes come from the two tanks down to the valve, if they where knocked off from hitting something there could be other damage that occurred at that time. Do test fit the pipes together before gluing as once glued it won't come undone again and you could be buying more parts to make the connection again.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #7

KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
This is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to see what type of valve to see if black and grey are seperated or combined.

Tags
casita