A new look in porta-potties? anyone here try one? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #15

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
We have already pulled the crusty old sealand toilet out of our Scamp and will be installing the Thetford 550P as a replacement.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #16

Name: lee
Trailer: trailswest campsterl, 1996 Scamp 16 foot
Idaho
I bought two of these, Curve toilets ( explanation follows ). Loved the height and look but over time came to the same conclusion as others as to size and hard to find room in our Trailswest. Now as to the purchase of two. The first one was received and the flush function didn't work. Second one came and the flush worked but quit working after two campouts. With our other porta potty we flush with simply a large drinking cup poured into the toilet so this isn't a deal killer in itself for us but may be for others but that said if the product touts the flush function it should work. Lee

Old 12-08-2015, 10:30 PM   #17

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
While camping in a rented van conversion in New Zealand we used a porta-pottie that looks similar to the box-like ones here but it had a spout much like the new one you show in your posting. I like the feature of the spout because it's easier to "aim" the effluent. The NZ pottie also had an indicator showing how full the tanks were, very handy. I'm wondering if this "new" style pottie has more water and effluent capacity. If it does, the components could be heavy when full.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:19 AM   #18

Name: Roselyn
Trailer: Casita 16 SD
Texas
We have had two of these for our pop-up--the first one quit working after the first time we used it. The hose had come loose and the "box" is sealed so we couldn't get to it to re-atach it. Called Thetford, they sent a replacement for free ASAP! The second one is still working so far (about half a dozen camping trips). I like the "feel" of it, especially the height, the "electric flush" and the storage compartment for the toilet paper. But, nowhere in the info on amazon does it say that it takes AA batteries to work. Nice toilet, but not needed for Casita, so have put the Curve in storage in case house plumbing crashes.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:20 PM   #19

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Just ordered one of these curved toilets. We'll see...
Old 12-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #20

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Sure is a fancy lookin' pooper. I have the Dometic that Scamp sells, and although it is short in height, I'm short so no biggie. Also, only use for middle of the night, I'm over 50, number 1 calls (or from a day of a few beers). Before the Dometic, I always used the Double Doodie bags and bucket system in my pop-up camper and that was fine. Was able to gift that to my good friend who's a tent camper after buying the Scamp. I don't know that I'd want to use any porta pottie for anything other than peeing...would rather have a black tank and proper plumbing setup I guess, but to each his own.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #21

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
If you have a 900 series Dometic with the small tank, a 5 gallon tank is available that will raise the seat to conventional height.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #22

Name: Dee
Trailer: Triple E
Ontario
We bought it for our SurfSide. It will sit in front of the floor to ceiling cupboard, and the upper door will clear it. The bottom door will be used for storing seldom used items. We plan on building a "stool" to sit over it during the day, as we will only use it at night. The seat is too flimsy to sit on so it cannot be used as a stool.
Raising the bunk might work, we haven't measured the depth yet to see if it would fit.
Old 03-13-2016, 06:12 PM   #23

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Nice looking unit for sure. I just went to their website and for me, the Thetford 345P would be the ticket. I like being able to tell how full it is too. Scamp sells the dometic, which I have and don't like for many reasons. Most important one, the location of the screw on cap to open waste tank. It's recessed lower down than edge of tank, and every time I twist to open it, I rip the skin off my knuckle. Blood everywhere.

If I could sell my used dometic, I'd be in line for a Thetford. Can't imagine anyone wanting a used one, even if it was just peed in. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV