Adding a camp stove to my LP gas regulator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 08:43 PM   #1

Name: JD
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Nebraska
Adding a camp stove to my LP gas regulator

Hello all. I'm thinking I'd like to be able to connect a campsite stove to my LP tank on my scamp 13. Seems like it might be convenient to cook out side on occasion. Trying to find a regulator that has connections for two appliances.

Anyone done this or know of a regulator like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
JD Eben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Escape trailers have a "T" fitting in the line coming from the regulator to the trailer appliances, routed out under the passenger side of the trailer. That's terminated with a quick disconnect valve, shown in the pic next to the steps.

You will have to take off any existing regulator on your stove as two in series will not work.
Attached Thumbnails
step5.jpg  

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:41 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Does anyone know if there's an adapter or a way to circumvent the regulator on a Colmane grill so that you can use the Escape propane connection?

Anne H
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Go to Tractor Supply or Northern Tools and get a T adapter and hose.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne H View Post
Does anyone know if there's an adapter or a way to circumvent the regulator on a Colmane grill so that you can use the Escape propane connection?

Anne H
You just unscrew the regulator and add a hose to plug into the disconnect on the trailer. If you need any fittings to make it work you can buy them at both Lowes or Home Depot.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:38 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We use a Coleman Roadtrip grill, and connect it to either a 20 or 11 lb tank using an adapter hose. I've found that some of those adapter hoses are not compatible with the Coleman regulator. First thought it was the regulator, but bought a new hose from Walmart and now it works. Had the same problem with an identical grill of my daughters, new hose solved the problem. Someone else had the same problem, and I may have read it here. I had made up a T fitting with a gas valve to tap in to the single tank on another camper but no longer use it as we wanted the grill farther away from the trailer. Now use a short hose connected to the tank which sets on the ground. Note that a tank setting on bare ground will eventually rust and pit underneath, making it unsafe to use and it won't pass inspection.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #7

Name: Randy J.
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Prior to the regulator

We do most of our cooking outside. Our RV place has an adapter that splits the unregulated output at the bottle, one side of which can then be connected to our Coleman stove which has its own regulator. Seems pretty simple and also allows the flexibility of running the stove on another, smaller tank.
Randy J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:58 AM   #8

Name: Mon
Trailer: 13' 2008 Scamp...YAY!
Missouri
Won't a propane "tree" do that same thing? Looked at them but now sure if it's something I'd have to attach each time. Apparently they will allow several connections?

Mon
monB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 11:34 AM   #9

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
JD,
We also prefer cooking outside. Rather than running a hose from the scamp's tank (our preferred cooking spot isn't always close) we carry a small one gallon propane tank that is light and easy to move to the cooking area. It readily hooks up to a coleman stove or small propane grill. It can be filled at any location that fills the 20 lb tanks. Here is a photo showing it mounted on the scamp hitch adjacent to the battery and behind the main tank. Easy on/off with two turnbuckles.

Not what you asked I know, but perhaps a useful alternative.
david
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2290.JPG  
WDavidG is offline   Reply With Quote