Advise about grey water tank on Lil Snoozy - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #15

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Best to have a non-kinking garden hose.
Yes, because there is no water pressure in the hose to keep it wide open.

While picking hose... a distinct colour is good too: you don't want to accidentally mix this up with the hose you use to put fresh water into the trailer!

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #16

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
30 gallons thru a garden hose...now we know why they named it Snoozy.... too much wine tonight.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #17

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Yeah, you'll want to pick a time at the dump station when you won't create a backup while you slooooowly empty out.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #18

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Note to self, dont pull into a dump station behind a Snooze.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #19

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Is the Snoozy the one with no propane appliances?
In other words, designed to be parked someplace with full hookups, where it wouldn't matter if you just leave the garden hose draining grey water all the time?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
In other words, designed to be parked someplace with full hookups, where it wouldn't matter if you just leave the garden hose draining grey water all the time?
Yup thats the one.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #21

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
If rate of draining grey water is an issue - and I can see that it might be - perhaps a pump can fix that. Unfortunately there may be small solids (such as food particles from the kitchen sink) so a macerator pump may be required. Those are relatively expensive and typically don't have a little garden hose inlet fitting - they typically have a 1.5" hose barb or 3" bayonet inlet, and 1" hose barb outlet. There are lots of utility pumps with garden hose inlet and outlet (I have one I've used to fill an RV tank from a portable container), but typically they can't handle more than tiny solids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
The cheapest service to install and maintain is power, so it's the most commonly provided. Water is next, so it's next most common. Sewer is the most expensive, so it's the least common.

Although owners of non-propane trailers presumably do choose sites with power, I don't think it's safe to assume they have a sewer at their site; a power-only site would presumably be frequently chosen. Of course, I don't know what the Lil Snoozy designers were assuming.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #22

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda03842 View Post
30 gallons thru a garden hose...now we know why they named it Snoozy.... too much wine tonight.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
So with the small opening how does one go about cleaning out the grey water tank? Just curious as I know mine needs to be cleaned out fairly often - although I am pretty carefull as to what goes down the sink its seems there are always coffee grounds etc that never seem to drain right out. I use a wand through the large outside outlet to give it a good cleaning out.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:06 AM   #24

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
gray water

We have had ours only 10 mo. but so far so good. I bought a strainer insert at WM to put in the drain. I also am very careful about what goes down the drain. I add a little of that blue "waste digester and odor eliminator." When we empty at a dump station, I add a gallon or so of fresh water and a little blue stuff or a bleach tablet to let it slosh around good on the way home. I am eager to read any other responses.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #25

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Is your Lil' Snoozy also all electric, of have they started to incorporate LP appliances as well?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #26

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151
North Carolina
Registry
Bob, mine is all electric, but we did buy a Honda 2000 generator which is reasonably quiet. Haven't used it much so far. I have had propane and I don't miss it. I believe Snoozy will do propane if that is important for you, but I am not sure about that.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #27

Name: Keith
Trailer: Not yet
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieinNC View Post
Bob, mine is all electric, but we did buy a Honda 2000 generator which is reasonably quiet. Haven't used it much so far. I have had propane and I don't miss it. I believe Snoozy will do propane if that is important for you, but I am not sure about that.
Susie
What can you run at the same time with that size generator?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #28

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieinNC View Post
We have had ours only 10 mo. but so far so good. I bought a strainer insert at WM to put in the drain. I also am very careful about what goes down the drain. I add a little of that blue "waste digester and odor eliminator." When we empty at a dump station, I add a gallon or so of fresh water and a little blue stuff or a bleach tablet to let it slosh around good on the way home. I am eager to read any other responses.
Susie is the drain for the grey tank on the bottom of the tank or the side? If its on the very bottom what you are doing is probable just fine.. the issue with trailers that have the outlet on the side of the grey tank is there is often a little lip that seems to act as a bit of dam in preventing some of the little stuff from draining out without a lot of wash action and water to sweep it out, which is why sticking the wand in the tank is needed to get it really clean. I am always more than a little surprised as to what gets caught up in the tank as I thought I was pretty good about wiping the dishes and rinse out the coffee cups and pot and tossing the water into the fire pit before washing.