black water modification - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: casita 17 SD
Pennsylvania
black water modification

Hi folks, thanks in advance for even considering my ideas. I really need to see a park liner in person. If there are any near northern Pennsylvania and you would let me have a look, I would really appreciate it.
One of the features I question on the park liner is mixing the stuff that goes down the flush toilet with the gray water. I have a 16' casita and there have been times that I empty the gray water on the ground or carry it in a bucket to a dump site. I don't think I want to deal with sewage the same way. Do folks that own a park liner think it would be possible to buy one with a portapottie and then retrofit a sealand with a holding tank in the existing bathroom. I think this would be doable but getting a 3" elbow out through the bottom of the trailer may be difficult.
Your thoughts please.
Steve

Old 07-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Steve, anything is possible. I have the porta pottie option and wouldn't trade it because I boondock mostly. On my friends property I leave the cap open for my grey water tank and it just drains right out. If I was washing my dishes in a bucket outside or useing a solar shower outside no one would batt an eye... so I just let it drain right out.

The porta potty is great, can empty it into an outhouse, flush toilet, pitt toilet, ports john etc.

But with a mixed tank I would need to go to a dumping station and that is a hassle.

This is an option... Sealand Traveler Marine Toilet System - Stationary Heads by Discount Marine Supplies

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #3

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
If I was washing my dishes in a bucket outside or useing a solar shower outside no one would batt an eye...
I may if you forgot to wear your shorts while doing it
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
You could always use one like Scamp does that has the blk tank built into the toilet itself. I suppose you would have to measure to see that its doable. Or you would have to see what size blk tank you would use and check out under the trailer to see if would work.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #5

Trailer: 2011 KZ Sportsmen 242SB / 2004 Ram-Cummins 2500 2wd
I have no idea where your toilet sits, in relation to an outside wall, but this weekend I saw a Takena Curv 16B with a Thetford C-200 Cassette Toilet. The C-200 has a removable holding tank, C/W capped pour spout, that is accessed from outside via a door, while the C-402 and C-403 are free-standing, with internal tank removal access.
See Permanent Toilets Home

I would think any of these would be better than mixing black and grey.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #6

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Scamp and Casita blackwater drains come through the floor above and outside the frame rails. The Parkliner bath is between the frame rails and in the drop floor area. Your black water drain line would be about 4" below the drop floor and frame rails. That's why they use the toilet they use. Casita's and Scamp-13 front baths have the shower traps and drains in that area and some have had issues with them being knocked off.
Eddie
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #7

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
I think the sealand macerating toilet is a nice option for those who believe most of their travels will include the idea of park-sewer hook up or visiting the dump station as needed.

With your mentioned style of past camping you might consider a quality porta pottie. I had two season's experience with the thetford C-402, and it is a nice unit, though i do not believe there is enough room for that model...you might need to go with their free standing model. As was mentioned by another here there is probably not enough room below the bathroom floor to make things work with a holding tank, though there is access to the sub floor area by simply crawling under the front of the PL. As an FYI on porta pottie...when my wife and i were using the C-402 we got ~3 days use between dumps with the 5 gallon cassette.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: casita 17 SD
Pennsylvania
You have all offered good info and ideas. Thanks. I really need to get a look at a
Parkliner and crawl under it. I thought the black tank that is available from Scamp was perfect, but getting it plumbed away and under the frame is the questionable part.
I had thought the floor below the bath was flat and above the frame
. Does the floor actually drop down between the frame rails?
Steve
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thats why I suggested the toilet that I did with its own holding tank. I still prefer a porta potty since its easier to dump. But if your not boondocking and only camping in campgrounds with full facilities then a black holding tank is a good idea.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner