boler 12v water pump and switch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2007, 03:37 AM   #1

Trailer: 1974 13 ft Boler (GREEN and WHITE)
Send a message via MSN to iaian pettit
i bought a 74 boler last summer and when i bought it the guy who sold me the trailer told me that the 12v water pump isnt connected because while driving back from a trip the pump came loose n was dragged along the road and was toast. he gave me the new water pump but is not connected. so im wondering if should bother putting new one on. plus when i bought the trailer he told me that the switch that operates the 12v water pump was broken. one of his grand kids was playing in the trailer and the little black swich was sheared rite off. if i were to replace the switch for the pump can i go to radio shack and get a new 12v switch or do i have to go to an rv specialty shop for the switch. im sure reconnecting the new switch shouldnt be a problem. any one have any suggestions.

thanks. (okanogan egg bc )
iaian pettit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
First the switch, the answer is yes you can use any 12v single ple switch to replace the one that is broken.
Single pole meaning only the electricity in the Black wire will be interupted by the switch before it goes to the pump.
And if your going to replace the switch you may as well put the new pump in.
This is going to be my 1st purchase in the spring for my Lady-Bug (Boler 13 footer) along with a new faucet so I can do away with the hand pump.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:31 AM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: When we bough our '77 Boler 12v. pump was wired but the hoses he used were cut from hydraulic air hose...eeeeew!!! So I went to our local R.V. shop and bought proper water hose. The pump worked but not well so next time I was passing towing the trailer I had the R.V. mech. look at it...He said Hoses looked great but pump is wired backwards so I reversed the wires and WAH LAH!!! more water...I think the switch is a standard R.V. kind of thing and not too hard to inst. I have taken our plumbing completely apart and replaced it all...So ask away and I will answer when I can be of help Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 07:31 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hi Alf
Iaian says that his was dragged along the road. Where is your pump mounted? I would expect that it would be inside the rear storage area just above the water tank. Can you still use a manual pump when you don't have battery power? Saw one at the Emily gathering using a recycled automotive windshield washer pump very effectivley.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #5

well genttlement thanks for the imput, i think when the snow and ice is gone and the temp gets a bit warmer ill crawl under my okanogan egg and reconnect that water pump and i look into replacing the 12v switch and when i do replace then switch ill put in a metal one not something made of plasic that can just be broken off again. why they would install a
small switch made of plastic is beyond me. if any one else has some helpfull tips please feel free to add to this topic.

thanks, Iaian-(okanogan egg)

PS. I ONLY CALL MY BOLER THE (OKANOGAN EGG) BECAUSE I LIVE IN
KELOWNA - THOMPSON OKANOGAN VALLEY REGION B.C. I LOOKED INSIDE MY TRAILER N MINE WAS BUILT IN WINNIPEG PROBABLY LIKE ALL THE OTHERS .
Old 01-11-2007, 08:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Alf
[b]Iaian says that his was dragged along the road. Where is your pump mounted?
Quote:
well genttlement thanks for the imput, i think when the snow and ice is gone and the temp gets a bit warmer [b]ill crawl under my okanogan egg and reconnect that water pump...
Yeah, Iaian. Just Where is your pump mounted?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:50 PM   #7

Registry
Hi: Our pump is located in the stowage bin beside the sink and the switch...plastic rocker type is on the front of the sink cabinet... I replaced all water hoses...dropped the tank cleaned it out with bleach and re bolted w/ S/S bolts... I replaced the cheap plastic water taps Pre. Own. used with a bar sink set...cold side hooked to outside water source and hot side to 12v. pump...I used S/S flex hoses under the counter w/ compression fittings and proper water hose from an R.V. dealer for the 12v. pump lines...Ta.Da. no leaks now. Now I am in the midst of replacing all cabinet mounting hdwe. with S/S screws and acorn nuts and nylon washers...to stop roof leaks through the pop rivets. Next I tackle the electrickery... oh I also replaced all clearance/stop turn/tails w/ L.E.D.s... Been some what busy Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #8

Registry
Hi: I forgot to mention all my plumbing work was laid to waist by one lousy earwig who managed to get lodged in the aereator at the end of the tap... no water no mater how full on I turned the tap...K.O.A. repair man couldn't figure either but when I removed the screen at the end of the tap did we ever have water...every where Alf S.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #9

the 12v water pump is located on the underside of the framework of the boleron the left underside neat the 10gal. tank .that is where the wires and hoses to connect the pump are located if i put it back on in the same place i was thinking i would use some zap straps n duct tape to hold it back on inplace.
but from the sounds of it maybe i should try and relocate the water pump to say under the bench seat near the rear left wheel well, then if it ever comes loose again i wont have to replace the pump again and there would prob. be a mess of water to just clean out of the inside of the bench seat.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 PM   #10

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
It`s possible that the pump was mounted under the trailer, near the water tank for ease of priming.....or even so that it wouldn`t be as loud in the trailer......or possibly that pump doesn`t have enough suction to self prime when it runs out of water and is refilled or possibly a check valve doesn`t hold.....I would relocate the new pump inside the trailer like you said...under the seat or cabinet.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #11

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The pump in my B1700 on the floor, the tank is underneath, and the maximum height the pump needs to draw is about 20 cm (8") - which has not been a problem at all for our pump, which looks original to the 1979 trailer.

Like Benny, I can understand that there may be reasons to put the pump under the floor, but I would rather have it clean and dry inside, even with the noise. Someday, I may even understand why it was mounted under the gaucho, instead of the obvious location under the sink...
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler