Boler Water Tap Replacement or Repair - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Hello again. I am a new owner of a 77 boler and have spent the last couple of days going through everything. I found that my manual water pump is not working and that my tank is cracked and is leaking. I looked around and i can't find any good replacements for the tap and pump. I'd like to keep the stock one if i can repair it. Has anyone repaired their boler hand pump or bought a good replacement? Also, i've found a new tank for $100, anyone find one cheaper?
Michael Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #2

Trailer: Toyota Sunrader and 16 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to Perry J Send a message via Yahoo to Perry J
Quote:
Hello again. I am a new owner of a 77 boler and have spent the last couple of days going through everything. I found that my manual water pump is not working and that my tank is cracked and is leaking. I looked around and i can't find any good replacements for the tap and pump. I'd like to keep the stock one if i can repair it. Has anyone repaired their boler hand pump or bought a good replacement? Also, i've found a new tank for $100, anyone find one cheaper?
Try Scamp for you tank. I replaced a missing one in a Boler I had.
I think it was only about $50.00. Their shipping is not the cheapest so if you need anything else they have place it all on one order.
John
Perry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:27 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
I replaced ours at CTC last year. Virtually identical at about $50, and sometimes they have them on sale at this time of year.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Sent you an e-mail...I have one laying around from a 77 scamp
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 AM   #5

James, what is CTC? Thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 11:35 AM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1984
Canadian Tire Corp.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Michael,

Do you have the under-floor tank that fits into the frame on the outside under the dinette? I don't know what the other folks have who are mentioning where they bought their replacement, but as far as I know Scamps (and maybe some Bolers) have a squarish tank that simply sits inside one of the bench seats vs. the one under the floor, which is wide and shallow.

My 1974 has the tank under the floor.

The under-floor tanks like in my Boler (and maybe yours) are available from a place called Polyrama Plastics, who made tanks for OEM use by Boler. I believe they are in Edmonton, AB, so you may be in luck. I looked into buying a tank from them, and, although the tank was reasonable, shipping to the SE US was a bit prohibitive.

They were responsive by telephone and e-mail and knew about the Boler tank.

http://www.polyramaplastics.com/

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Michael,

Do you have the under-floor tank that fits into the frame on the outside under the dinette? I don't know what the other folks have who are mentioning where they bought their replacement, but as far as I know Scamps (and maybe some Bolers) have a squarish tank that simply sits inside one of the bench seats vs. the one under the floor, which is wide and shallow.

My 1974 has the tank under the floor.

The under-floor tanks like in my Boler (and maybe yours) are available from a place called Polyrama Plastics, who made tanks for OEM use by Boler. I believe they are in Edmonton, AB, so you may be in luck. I looked into buying a tank from them, and, although the tank was reasonable, shipping to the SE US was a bit prohibitive.

They were responsive by telephone and e-mail and knew about the Boler tank.

http://www.polyramaplastics.com/

Raya
True. I emailed them a while ago and the tank was $100 CAD with shipping by Greyhound bus. I didn't call Greyhound for a shipping quote, as they just killed the bus link between my city and the west.
ReilleyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #9

I ordered the tank from polyrama and it was $100 CA plus shipping. It is nice and is a direct replacement. I managed to get my original pump tap working as well. I bought all new plumbing hose and this new tank and it's all going in tomorrow. Before i do that i'm POR15 painting the frame and bellypan piece of wood for the water tank. Camping soon. thanks for the help.

Quote:
True. I emailed them a while ago and the tank was $100 CAD with shipping by Greyhound bus. I didn't call Greyhound for a shipping quote, as they just killed the bus link between my city and the west.

Tags
boler