cassette toilet fix - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2014, 08:50 PM   #15

Name: Herschel
Trailer: Casita
Arkansas
Registry
widmannfla@aol.com at May 11, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Plz let me know how you pulled cassette toilet off the wall
best not to i replaced the lite blue water hose with a heavy duty fuel hose , the blue one keeps blowing out . it has happened 4 times scene I replaced the hose it has been fine I think Therford uses to light weight of a hose it blisters with very little water pressure just poor design . the hose I now have rated at 75 lbs. very easy to install .

Old 05-12-2014, 05:55 AM   #16

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
toilet

How did you or whoever did it fix the problem when i pull the cassette out of rear door outside i see water coming down also fiberglass shower floor gets wet all the tubes /pipes seem ok but it's somewhere up in toilet
so when they did yours did you have to pull toilet off the wall or does toilet pull apart ?? what a poor design there has been a least 4 snoozy's that I know of that this has happened to. Doing more research a lot more from other mfg.

Are you still selling your snoozy?

Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #17

Arkansas
Registry
no im not selling it i think i have worked all the factory bugs and mishaps out of it . now on to the cassette first pull the tank , make sure no water is hooked up or turned on, then above where the tank was is the flush mechanism there are about 5 or so screws to remove then you can get to the upside of where the blue hose connects take the clamp loose on each end of the blue hose ,go get a fuel line of the same length or a tad 1 inch longer but heavy duty, 2 heavy duty new stainless steel clamps the old clamps are crap , replace hose, clamps ,flush mechanism ,and screws . you should be good to go . the cutoff valve looks to be a good idea . I am in the process of writing a page on the lil snoozy bugs and fixes that I have preformed , what successes that have. And what I think about it with photos. It will be on lil snoozy owners page in a few weeks I hope .
Old 05-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #18

Florida
Registry
toilet fixed I think

I took apart the thetford cs 200 toilet .
tools needed
1-mirror 2-philleps skrewdriver and skrew gun
3 box cutter utility knife
4-patience
take out cassette toilet (green) then use mirror to see the 10 skrews and 5 pieces of plastic holding swinging toilet.Then pull toilet up and replace blue hose . then take out blue hose replace with a grey fuel line hose same diameter and use s/s fittings put it back together and done . I hope this works better then blue one
Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #19

Arkansas
Registry
That should do it , mine has not been any trouble now that the hose and clamps were changed .
Old 05-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #20

Florida
Registry
toilet

Bama I'm going to put a turn off valve in also( sharkbite ) into the pex pipe on top just like JIM W did . That should do it .

Bama are you going to the egg fest on Hudson in Aug?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #21

Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
Bama I'm going to put a turn off valve in also( sharkbite ) into the pex pipe on top just like JIM W did . That should do it .

Bama are you going to the egg fest on Hudson in Aug?
not sure on the fest , shark bite should do it
Old 04-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #22

Name: LeaAnn
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Texas
Help! My husband and I are trying to fix the toilet. We have taken out all 10 screws, lifted the top lids off, and now, the bottom of toilet bowl is lose but still connected to the blue hose connecting the toilet and lil snoozy. How do we get to the blue hose inside the underneath of the bowl? Can't find a way. Doesn't make sense to me.

LeaAnn
Old 04-11-2015, 12:13 PM   #23

Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

Take the blue hose out go you need a needle nose pliers to un- crimp the blue hose snake it through fittings take it to a parts store get the same outside diameter hose grey fuel line is the best then re-insert through same fittings in toilet then put on s/s screw fittings and tighten . then open up rear door and look for pex tubing cut into and put in a sharkbite turn off valve and you should be good to go . send me your phone in private message if you still having problems .
The only problem I had after it is done is the water pressure is a lot more because the grey fuel line inside diameter is smaller so I put some silicone on toilet top to channel water into toilet .If this does not make sense send pm with phone Good Luck Jim
Old 04-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #24

Texas
Hey Jim!

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Robert has the blue hose off and is trying to put the new hose on. I called and left you a message on your phone. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

LeaAnn
Old 04-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #25

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaAnn View Post
Hey Jim!

Thanks for your words of wisdom. Robert has the blue hose off and is trying to put the new hose on. I called and left you a message on your phone. Thank you for your help. I will let you know how it goes.

LeaAnn

It is DONE!!!!! not cheaply either! I dropped my cell phone in water... YEP! On my way to Verizon.... It has died !

Oh well, at least I can go camping with a toilet.... YEA!

Thanks for all of the advice and phone calls everyone.... LeaAnn
Old 04-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #26

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 15B17G, 1986.
Quebec
Registry
For your phone, find some rice and put it inside for 24 - 48 hrs. The rice will capture the humidity of your phone.
It arrived at my sister-in-law and that worked.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:16 AM   #27

Florida
Registry
cassette toilet

I'm glad you got the cassette toilet fixed . The factory should fix it before sending it out the pressure relief does not work the blue hose is just to thin the movement of the cassette toilet stretches it and make it brittle .
We put in a grey fuel hose twice as thick and a shark bite valve to shut off water to toilet everything works now . so far for over a year no leaks
Old 04-12-2015, 11:40 AM   #28

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
For your phone, find some rice and put it inside for 24 - 48 hrs. The rice will capture the humidity of your phone.
It arrived at my sister-in-law and that worked.
WOW! I did not know that.....I am going to try that now, maybe it is not too late. Maybe I can save it for a back up one day....

Leaann