compost toilet for 17' Casita - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #61

Name: Breck
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klohmann View Post
Another alternative is the C-Head. Uses common pieces (gallon milk jugs and 5 gallon pail (albeit modified), and is about 60% of the price of either natures head or air head. I am very happy with mine!

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
The c-head is what I am considering so thank you for the affirmation. I emailed the owner as to using it in a wet bath and he promptly replied:

Hi Breck,

Thanks for your interest in my composting toilets. My products are all plastic and stainless steel so nothing will be damaged by water, however, depending on how you shower, it is possible for water to get inside the toilet. To prevent this, you have basically two options. Make a sunbrella or vinyl cover like a barbeque cover to cover the toilet when showering. This is the easiest and cheapest solution. The other is to seal all the openings around the seat and put a lexan window over the opening that shows how full the urine jug is. I can do that for an additional $35.

Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to call or email me if you have other questions.

Sandy Graves
C-Head LLC
Portable Composting Toilets
407-592-1207
C-Head portable composting toilet system

To: "c_headlogin@yahoo.com" <c_headlogin@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:22 PM
Subject: Wet bath

May your product be used in a wet bath? If yes, what precautions, if any would be appropriate?
Regards,
Breck Carden
Farmerbreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #62

Name: Annette
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Washington
visited the C-head website

I had not heard of a C-head before, so I thought I'd check them out. The idea of using 1 gallon jugs for the urine appeals to me. As does the lower price, but I'm wondering why the solids container needs to be dumped so frequently?
apanchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #63

Name: todd
Trailer: Casita liberty deluxe 17
New York
Shower mod

To help contain the water in the bathroom while we shower in our LD17 my wife purchase a regular shower curtain and then put 3m stick on hooks up on the ceiling across to the top of the front wall. Hair bands were fastened to the shower grommets and the curtain can be pulled across the compartment keeping a lot of water from the toilet area. We can also leave the door open with this system.
tmaken2157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:06 AM   #64

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanchot View Post
I had not heard of a C-head before, so I thought I'd check them out. The idea of using 1 gallon jugs for the urine appeals to me. As does the lower price, but I'm wondering why the solids container needs to be dumped so frequently?
Not sure why. Perhaps there is less mixing with c-heads auger. A second bucket is recommended for storage dumping; how about yours?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:09 AM   #65

Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaken2157 View Post
To help contain the water in the bathroom while we shower in our LD17 my wife purchase a regular shower curtain and then put 3m stick on hooks up on the ceiling across to the top of the front wall. Hair bands were fastened to the shower grommets and the curtain can be pulled across the compartment keeping a lot of water from the toilet area. We can also leave the door open with this system.
Sounds good. I thought I would try a plastic leaf bag over the toilet when showering. Bad idea/good idea?
Old 03-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #66

Kentucky
Quote:
Have you done anything with your black water tank. I was wondering about linking it to the grey water tank, if feasible. Probably been discussed somewhere in forum, I find it a bit difficult to search in a timely fashion.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #67

Name: Annette
Trailer: Scamp 16'
Washington
Farmerbreck, I don't remember any suggestions from Nature's Head as to using a bucket for storage dumping, though that sounds like a good idea. I did get a second urine container, though I really haven't needed it so far, I anticipate there will be times when I'm glad I have it.

My Scamp didn't have a prior toilet, thus no blackwater tank, but I hope in future trailers to be able to use that area for additional grey water storage.
apanchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:23 PM   #68

Kentucky
Quote:
Farmerbreck, I don't remember any suggestions from Nature's Head as to using a bucket for storage dumping, though that sounds like a good idea. I did get a second urine container, though I really haven't needed it so far, I anticipate there will be times when I'm glad I have it.

My Scamp didn't have a prior toilet, thus no blackwater tank, but I hope in future trailers to be able to use that area for additional grey water storage.
Thank you for your experienced insights.
Happy trails,
Breck

Tags
casita