Copper Piping - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2017, 03:04 PM   #21

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2010 Casita SD
Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
It is my opinion that connections, other than those at the appliance, (furnace, stove) should not be inside the trailer. Not sure if it is a law or rule of any kind.
I agree with this.

Paint fumes and such can cause it go off. What I would do is shut the propane off at the tank and air the camper out. Then shut it up and give it a day and see if it goes off again. Also the alarm will go off often if the voltage drops below 12 volts so if you are running things off the battery and not shore power then I would check the battery.
Patxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM   #22

Name: Ginny
Trailer: '09 Scamp 13' w/ Bath
Oklahoma
Bob, I'm not a fan of the connection either, but there already was one... I cant change that.. I just swapped it from a T to an I.

Thanks for the update on the possible fumes and battery issue... I will do some troubleshooting to narrow down what could be causing the issue. Thanks, glad to know there are possibilities outside of 'you did it wrong and gas is def. leaking'...
fieldphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
yea Ginny elliminate 3 4 5 before turning gas on again
then test again.
any time you work on gas lines you may have loosened another joint.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #24

Oklahoma
Gerry,
Everything is disconnected at the moment- even the battery.
When I go into the camper, there is a pretty strong paint smell, so I think it is the laquered board I put in there.. at least I hope it is! I am actually going to have to repaint it anyways, so I will put some latex over and hopefully that will mask the stronger smell too.

Thanks all for the advice and suggestions, hopefully the propane lines themselves are fine!
Old 06-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #25

Oklahoma
Gerry,
Thanks. I think it is the paint fumes from the freshly painted board I put in there. It smelled pretty strongly of paint when I went in, just a few minutes ago. Propane and battery are disconnected, so I know it isn't something else.

I will keep checking this out, hopefully will have no issues in a few days. Thanks everyone for your help!!