First off, thanks to all of you, I completed many mods this spring and will soon be posting all the cool things I've done to get my 2012 13er camping with some basic style! However, I've read all the posts on de-winterizing, and I would just appreciate a friend to tell me if I've got this down correctly. To be honest, the part that confuses me is the hot water tank/isolation valve part. Please remember I'm a total newbie, having only ever had a pop up camper, so here goes, from what I've read:
1. Open fresh water tank drain and allow antifreeze (AF) that's in there to drain out.
2. Fill up fresh water tank once or twice more, leaving drain open, to allow it to rinse thoroughly. Just keep open for now.
3. This is the part I'm not sure about...Do I go outside now, open the hot water tank drain, let that antifreeze out first, or do I simply open bypass (isolation valve) to hot water tank now, so that when I connect city water with hose, the hot water tank will fill with the residual AF in it? Is bypass valve to allow water from fresh water tank, city water connect, or both?
4. Connect city water hose, using a pressure regulator. Run hot and cold water lines till clear. I could use the freshwater tank and pump to do this from what I've read, but the city water connect is faster. Have the gray water tank open so water and AF runs out on driveway.
5. I guess at this point, I would open the hot water tank nut and get all the water to drain out? Geez, I'm so confused. Might have AF in it still?
6. Dumb question, but can the hot water tank overfill? I mean, with the city water on does it just fill until it's filled then stop?
7. If I was supposed to drain cruddy water out of hot water tank, do I put cap back on now and refill with clean stuff?
8. Also, I've noticed when draining hot water tank in the past that it drains really slowly. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process?
8. Leave isolation valve open to allow water to keep entering hot water tank as demand is created?
9. I'm so confused cuz I guess I really don't get it. Anybody who would be willing to enumerate stupid proof steps for me, I would be ever so grateful!
By the way, I have not potty in my Scamp
, just a sink, fresh water tank, hot water tank and gray water tank.