Dumping for Dummies - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2003, 07:55 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi All
I really don't know why all the fuss about dumping the Black and Grey holding tanks.I think most of us raised kids at one time and had to change them and clean them.I would sooner dump a tank.Like Charles says use disposable gloves,Buy them by the box.very cheap.
Dump Black water first then grey water.
Remember Its YOUR own body waste you are desposing.
Have good one.;)

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 08:40 AM   #22

**Remember Its YOUR own body waste you are desposing.
Have good one. ** Have a good one what? Ches.? I know get my mind out of the waste gutter. :crazy-ii

Old 02-27-2003, 08:44 AM   #23

been reading threads back to front and just saw Craig's post. you say you have short blue hose. I had a long blue hose that didn't reach that far but barely fit in the stoage spot on my MH. it broke. I bought a short blue hose and that sucker streached out to twice the length of the old one. I would advise an upgrade.

Old 02-27-2003, 08:53 AM   #24

Quote:
Orginally posted by Thomas and Janifer

**Remember Its YOUR own body waste you are desposing.
Have good one. ** Have a good one what? Ches.? I know get my mind out of the waste gutter. :crazy-ii
Jana
What ever turns your crank.:laugh

Old 02-27-2003, 05:45 PM   #25

Thanks for the help

Lots of good advise here. Let me see if I've got it.

I will update to a longer hose so that I won't need to jockey the Casita around, and keep the old one just in case one of the little nubbins should break off. I'll get one of the all sizes fit all holes, red, adaptors and just in case the red thing won't fit, a rubber donut from Wal-Mart. I won't forget the baby wipes, disposable plastic gloves, and I can use the spray bottle with bleach water on all the soda buttons in Kansas. I can rig a clip for my belt and hang it next to my cellular phone.

Finally at the dump station, I hook the hose to the trailer fitting, rotate the thing on the trailer down, and poke the other end of the hose into the dump pipe. How big is that rock?

Ready to pull the valve and step back. Is it ok to put on my hip boots the first few times? If a carry my fly rod, no one will be the wiser.

I may go out to Bonny Reservoir just north of Burlington, Colorado for a practice run. It's a great little campground with hot showers located close to the dump station just in case I end up ankle deep in "stuff".
:red

Old 02-27-2003, 06:07 PM   #26

>>carry my fly rod

Craig, you might catch something ... but I'm not sure I'd eat it!:o :o Oh, my mistake ... you're talking about fishing near the campground!

Dumping your trailer isn't rocket science. And if you happen to mess up ... well, that's why they usually have a hose at the dump station to hose stuff down and off!

Keep us posted on your adventure!

Old 02-27-2003, 06:12 PM   #27

Craig

Man, I know just how you feel. Honest I do. You know what's good about it? Cuz after you do it once, you're gonna be smiling once you drive off!

Is your trailer where you can get to it? If so, just go out and practice putting the hose on. If your tank is currently empty, you could even pour some soapy water in the black tank via the toilet and drain it in an old bucket or something. Just keep practicing, if you're concerned about it. When you're finished, just pour the soapy water down the toilet in the house or leave it in the black tank if there's no danger of freezing. Don't worry if you spill it, it's just soapy water.

You'll get there! And sooner than you know. ;)

Old 02-27-2003, 08:35 PM   #28

from the dummy

Charles, you crack me up.

And Suz, the tank is empty but the hose is frozen. I have a sewer clean out in my front yard that looks just a little larger than the hose. I'll go find a rock and practice when the weather moderates a bit.