External water and draining - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM   #1
Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Burro
External water and draining

Had an adventure last night after hooking up the Burro to external water. Even with the flow regular apparently it was too much pressure and my toilet ran until it filled up both the grey and black water tanks. Fortunately they were initially empty and so I just drained them with some help from the gals here at the dog agility trial I am camped at.

I am learning all the kinks.

So I filled up the fresh water tank and will just use that this weekend.

Are there different pressure regulators that would work better for my Burro?

Also after I showered this morning, now the shower is not draining. I'm pretty darn sure the grey tank is near empty since I just drained it last night. Any tips on getting that to drain? I can't seem to remove the drain screen thing. And I did pull the empty valve on the grey tank to see if maybe there was air in there but I didn't drain it for long. That didn't help. I'd like to minimize what goes on the ground as I don't have sewer facilities here and feel I already drained too much last night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Cynthiablue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #2
Name: Steven
Trailer: Currently Shopping
NW Wisconsin
How did the toilet running fill up your grey tank ? Your toilet only drains to your black tank. The toilet running continually could also be caused by the toilet valve not shutting off completely and have nothing to do with the pressure regulator . The shower not draining may be caused by a closed shower drain valve . My Casita has a manual valve in the shower drain line to stop grey water from backing up into the shower when traveling . There is no need to remove the floor drain screen in the shower . Draining your tanks on the ground is a NO NO especially the black tank. It sounds like your problems are more with understanding how your trailer systems work and not with any mechanical issues. Hopefully in your travels you will run into another camper who can explain how your mechanical and electrical systems function. The systems are really quite simple once you have an understanding of how they work.

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Name: Cynthia
Trailer: Burro
The toilet is in the shower so when the toilet overflows it will drain down the shower drain. Thus both the black and grey tanks filled up.

I am not sure where to look for a shower drain valve as the shower area seems pretty contained... It's a 1998 Burro. It must have been draining before when the toilet overflowed into the shower area as the grey tank was filled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Cynthiablue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #4
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Agree with Steve, water pressure will have nothing to do with the toilet over flowing. Would take a close look at the flush pedal of the toilet to see if it was left in the up position or the toilets valve is not working as it should.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote