grey and black water removal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2019, 03:10 PM   #1

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Casita freedom deluxe 16
Arizona
grey and black water removal

Ok... this may be a dumb question but my old new to me 96 Casita came with a flexible hose but how does it connect to the black or grey water plumbing underneath to drain? it doesnt have any connectors... do you just hold it and pull the lever to drain everything out? then rinse through from the top?
thanks for the info
missejc
Miscellaneous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miscellaneous View Post
... do you just hold it and pull the lever to drain everything out? then rinse through from the top?
thanks for the info
missejc
No, don't do that.

I'd be curious to see a picture of both hose ends.

Replacement hose ends are not expensive and relatively easy to replace, usually screwing onto the corrugated hose, sometimes with a hose clamp. Whole hoses with fitting at both ends aren't gruesomely expensive and might be easier all around. Prices usually depend on how thick the hose material is, thicker hoses usually lasting longer.

I'm not familiar with the 1996. I think there are two outlets. I'll defer with someone more familiar but I just wanted to urge you to wait until you get a little more info...

Typical end fittings installed on a hose pictured below...
Attached Thumbnails
Sewer Hose Fittings.JPG  
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We have a '96 Casita SD17. It has a single hose connection on the left side for a hose like Steve shows. Two valves, one for the black tank (toilet) the other for the grey tank (sink). Looks like Elaine has a 16 footer so that may be different, but it would have, or perhaps in this case should have the connection for the sewer hose.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:58 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
Pennsylvania
Black and grey

Elaine, some folks know how a 96 Casita drains the tanks. But in the last 23 years past owners may have changed things, or maybe not. To answer your question, it would be best if you took a photo of the drain valves.
starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote