Have you seen this faucet? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 04:29 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 1977
Registry
Have you seen this faucet?

I've run into a snafu with this faucet. I removed the copper water supply line to check for corrosion, and then took off the spout which attaches to the faucet base, just for fun. In an instant, the compression packing nut that attached the spout to the faucet was gone. You can see that the end of the spout was slightly flared. This nut was a specialty fitting made for the faucet. No plumbing supply store has it.

My dilemma is that I'd like to keep the original faucet as it worked fine, but the other problem is getting the correct sized fittings for the water supply line that was flared copper on both ends. I'd like to switch to a plastic line.

I could buy a new faucet, but then I've got to make the water supply line work on both ends. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

If you happen to have this faucet lying around, with the packing nut, I'd love to hear from you.

My Boler 77 had two faucets, a pump and city water supply; any creative solutions there? I can always fill a Coleman jug with water for inside, but it just isn't the same!

Thanks! Jamie
Attached Thumbnails
020.jpg  
jlbails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbails View Post
I've run into a snafu with this faucet. I removed the copper water supply line to check for corrosion, and then took off the spout which attaches to the faucet base, just for fun.

Thanks! Jamie
Hi, Jamie!

You cracked me up with yor "just for fun" admission
How well I know what it is to give in to the urge to take things apart for the same inexplicable reason!
You might have better luck looking for plumbing parts for this application at an RV place- lots of trailer plumbing is weirdly specific to RV's.
Another possibility-
Some "local-type" hardware stores, mine included, have a wall of just-RV parts, including plumbing miscellanea.

Good luck!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote