Heated tanks on Bigfoot Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 21.5 ft Bigfoot
I have a 2007 21.5' Bigfoot Trailer. Although I have the owners manual from the original owner I don't see anywhere that it has heated holding tanks. When I look at the Bigfoot web site for 2009 units (I know Bigfoot is shut down now) I see where heated tanks on the 2009 is standard.

Does anyone know if heated tanks was a standard feature on the 2007 was a standard feature? I heard an ex Bigfoot employee is a member of this site so perhaps they know??
Brian Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 17.5 ft and 25 ft FB Bigfoot
Quote:
I have a 2007 21.5' Bigfoot Trailer. Although I have the owners manual from the original owner I don't see anywhere that it has heated holding tanks. When I look at the Bigfoot web site for 2009 units (I know Bigfoot is shut down now) I see where heated tanks on the 2009 is standard.

Does anyone know if heated tanks was a standard feature on the 2007 was a standard feature? I heard an ex Bigfoot employee is a member of this site so perhaps they know??
I have a 25FB, 2008 and my understanding of how the heated tanks work is that there is a heater vent from the furnace that blows down into the 'basement' where the tanks are. Mine then 'purges' iair nto the toilet and at the door. You could check that your holding tank area is enclosed and insulated and there is a furnace vent feeding into it.

I would also say that if you have thermal windows and insulated walls then by default your tanks should be heated in this manner as well.
Tamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 21.5 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
I have a 25FB, 2008 and my understanding of how the heated tanks work is that there is a heater vent from the furnace that blows down into the 'basement' where the tanks are. Mine then 'purges' iair nto the toilet and at the door. You could check that your holding tank area is enclosed and insulated and there is a furnace vent feeding into it.

I would also say that if you have thermal windows and insulated walls then by default your tanks should be heated in this manner as well.
Thanks for the information. Appreciate it.
Brian Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
A 2007 Bigfoot is a 21 ft. Mine is the same year and it is a 21 ft.
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot