Bill K

Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet vent cover.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	33039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
Bill- Great pictures. The pink water line was a help. I was planning to use tygon tubing but Scamp used PEX which I think would be studier then tygon. Next question, what is on the outside of the vent? I was thinking it had to go out the roof. I checked the Scamp parts store but they don't show a vent cover.
Thanks, Ed D

Old 01-25-2011, 06:52 PM   #16

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1998 Scamp 16 ft
New York
Bill
I guess I'll have to call Scamp. They don't show that cover in there parts store. I just wish there shipping wasn't so expensive. Is there any odor near that vent?
Ed D

Old 01-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #17

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I tried looking elsewhere for that vent but could not find a picture.

I think the smell would depend on what chemical you put in the tank.

Bill K

Quote:
Bill
I guess I'll have to call Scamp. They don't show that cover in there parts store. I just wish there shipping wasn't so expensive. Is there any odor near that vent?
Ed D
Old 01-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #18

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
That side vent sure would be a solution but like the above poster said "Is there any odor near that vent?".... with a window open in the summer i wonder?..... I never seen a side vent before and wonder if that was a stock installation in that model?..... Going up thru the roof would take just about the same amount of effort as you still have to cut a hole in the fiberglass but at least up top the fumes would be "Up and Out".
The following picture of the tank shows the vent going "up"
Joe
Attached Thumbnails
72.JPG  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #19

Joe,
To answer your question, yes it is a stock installation. The picture is of my 16' Scamp SD 2009 that I bought new.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
That side vent sure would be a solution but like the above poster said "Is there any odor near that vent?".... with a window open in the summer i wonder?..... I never seen a side vent before and wonder if that was a stock installation in that model?..... Going up thru the roof would take just about the same amount of effort as you still have to cut a hole in the fiberglass but at least up top the fumes would be "Up and Out".
The following picture of the tank shows the vent going "up"
Joe
Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #20

New River AZ
Thanks for the info bill.... Always try to keep up on things and they (scamp) know a heck of a lot more than me on trailer fabrication (and it's a 2009 model) so i guess it works just fine.

Joe
Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #21

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
The side vent is stock on my 92 scamp as well. Its pretty small so unless you are looking for it you may not notice it. If you have the correct amount of chemicals and water in the tank when you start out you should not notice an odor. I tend to dump out the black water tank every 3 days or so (have a portable tote for it if boom docking for longer) and that seems to work at keeping oders away even in the hot weather.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #22

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
That vent was stock on my 1988 16' Scamp with side-bath. Odor has never been an issue. If it smells really bad outside, you can bet it's just as bad inside. The toilet lid doesn't seal to the bowl.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #23

Ed D I never could figure out how to put the pictures in a private message, so here is the black water tank drain.

Bill K

Quote:
Bill- Great pictures. The pink water line was a help. I was planning to use tygon tubing but Scamp used PEX which I think would be studier then tygon. Next question, what is on the outside of the vent? I was thinking it had to go out the roof. I checked the Scamp parts store but they don't show a vent cover.
Thanks, Ed D
Attached Thumbnails
Blackwater Drain & Valve 2 .jpg   Blackwater Drain & Valve.jpg  

Blackwater DrainJPG.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #24

Trailer: 2004 Jayco Talon toyhauler/ 1985 Burro 13 custom.
Registry
Ed, that side vent shown in the earlier posting is the same as a battery box vent. Campers with battery boxs under the front dinette also have that vent on the side venting any fumes that come from the battery. I don't know if you can buy that vent seperately, but they do come with sealed battery boxs. That vent would keep you from a potential leak in your roof with a roof style vent.

Here is a link to the vent and vent hose. https://www.makariosrv.com/categorie...Battery-Boxes/
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #25

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
My black water tank drain is a bit different. Its just comes straight down about 6" with the gate at the end.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #26

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
The one on my 1988 is exactly the same as what Bill posted. Carol, yours sounds "after market," wonder if the original owner replaced parts or...... I can't imagine crawling under the trailer to hookup.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #27

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1998 Scamp 16 ft
New York
Bill, Thanks again for the pictures. I ordered everything I needed from Scamp. Valve, elbow, bayonet fitting, cap,decal and vent cover.

Mark, I looked high and low for the vent cover but couldn't find one (never thought of a battery vent). The vent cover does not show on the Scamp online parts list. When I called Scamp they had it in stock($2.00).

The Sealand toilet I got came from a boat. It did not have a drain hole in the bottom. I took the black tank to local machine shop and had a hole with 3" pipe threat put in the bottom.
All I need now is a little warm weather here in New York to do the installation.
Thanks to everyone for the help. I'll try and take pictures as the job progresses.
Ed D
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #28

New River AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The one on my 1988 is exactly the same as what Bill posted. Carol, yours sounds "after market," wonder if the original owner replaced parts or...... I can't imagine crawling under the trailer to hookup.
Donna
My 1994 Casita 16' is just like Carol's Scamp and my drain hose has a 45 degree tip on the end and it's easily reached to that straight pipe from outside without crawling underneath with one hand. It's on the inside of the frame and to put an EL in there it would be too close to the ground to do that, unlike others that have the drain coming out on the outside of the frame where an EL is possible.
my fresh water drain is completely separate......looks all stock but not sure.
Joe