I need help installing toilet. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The side vent is stock on my 92 scamp as well. Its pretty small so unless you are looking for it you may not notice it. If you have the correct amount of chemicals and water in the tank when you start out you should not notice an odor. I tend to dump out the black water tank every 3 days or so (have a portable tote for it if boom docking for longer) and that seems to work at keeping oders away even in the hot weather.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
That vent was stock on my 1988 16' Scamp with side-bath. Odor has never been an issue. If it smells really bad outside, you can bet it's just as bad inside. The toilet lid doesn't seal to the bowl.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Ed D I never could figure out how to put the pictures in a private message, so here is the black water tank drain.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed D View Post
Bill- Great pictures. The pink water line was a help. I was planning to use tygon tubing but Scamp used PEX which I think would be studier then tygon. Next question, what is on the outside of the vent? I was thinking it had to go out the roof. I checked the Scamp parts store but they don't show a vent cover.
Thanks, Ed D
Attached Thumbnails
Blackwater Drain & Valve 2 .jpg   Blackwater Drain & Valve.jpg  

Blackwater DrainJPG.jpg  
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft Custom Deluxe Deluxe Side Dinette
Registry
Ed, that side vent shown in the earlier posting is the same as a battery box vent. Campers with battery boxs under the front dinette also have that vent on the side venting any fumes that come from the battery. I don't know if you can buy that vent seperately, but they do come with sealed battery boxs. That vent would keep you from a potential leak in your roof with a roof style vent.

Here is a link to the vent and vent hose. https://www.makariosrv.com/categorie...Battery-Boxes/
Mark Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #25

Registry
My black water tank drain is a bit different. Its just comes straight down about 6" with the gate at the end.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 PM   #26

The one on my 1988 is exactly the same as what Bill posted. Carol, yours sounds "after market," wonder if the original owner replaced parts or...... I can't imagine crawling under the trailer to hookup.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #27

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
Bill, Thanks again for the pictures. I ordered everything I needed from Scamp. Valve, elbow, bayonet fitting, cap,decal and vent cover.

Mark, I looked high and low for the vent cover but couldn't find one (never thought of a battery vent). The vent cover does not show on the Scamp online parts list. When I called Scamp they had it in stock($2.00).

The Sealand toilet I got came from a boat. It did not have a drain hole in the bottom. I took the black tank to local machine shop and had a hole with 3" pipe threat put in the bottom.
All I need now is a little warm weather here in New York to do the installation.
Thanks to everyone for the help. I'll try and take pictures as the job progresses.
Ed D
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #28

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The one on my 1988 is exactly the same as what Bill posted. Carol, yours sounds "after market," wonder if the original owner replaced parts or...... I can't imagine crawling under the trailer to hookup.
Donna
My 1994 Casita 16' is just like Carol's Scamp and my drain hose has a 45 degree tip on the end and it's easily reached to that straight pipe from outside without crawling underneath with one hand. It's on the inside of the frame and to put an EL in there it would be too close to the ground to do that, unlike others that have the drain coming out on the outside of the frame where an EL is possible.
my fresh water drain is completely separate......looks all stock but not sure.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #29

Registry
Quote:
Actually Donna I`m pretty sure it is stock as I have seen a number of them set up like mine. Dont actually have to crawl under it to hook up - its pretty easy to reach. I kind of like it the way it is as there are no curves in the outside pipe so its easy to stick the water wand right in it to clean it all out.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Actually Donna I`m pretty sure it is stock as I have seen a number of them set up like mine. Dont actually have to crawl under it to hook up - its pretty easy to reach. I kind of like it the way it is as there are no curves in the outside pipe so its easy to stick the water wand right in it to clean it all out.

I'm getting ready to install the toilet back in our Scamp. The previous owner damaged the drain line when he pulled it out of storage, so we've just used a port-a-potty for the last 6 years. Would someone mind posting a few pictures of a drain system that looks like Carol's (our Scamp is an '88)? I'm not really looking forward to the tank repair , but I'm too cheap to buy a new tank when I can do a repair for a fraction of the cost.
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:16 PM   #31

Registry
[QUOTE=Isaac M;244304]. Would someone mind posting a few pictures of a drain system that looks like Carol's (our Scamp is an '88)?QUOTE]

Will take a photo of mine tomorrow for you Isaac - its a pretty simple set up.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 AM   #32

Sorry you're not going to make the NOG at L.L. Stub coming up in a few days Isaac. My Scamp is an 88 too and you'd be welcome to check out anything you wish.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #33

Registry
Ok so here is the photo of what mine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackwater discharge_DSC0019.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 10:34 PM   #34

Thanks for the picture Carol! If it is not too much trouble, could you get a good shot of the area where the pipe comes through the floor? Also, if you don't mind sharing what's in your toilet, can you get a shot inside the toilet where the drain hole goes out the bottom of the tank? I'm hoping I don't miss anything and get a surprise after I "think" my repair is complete.

Donna...I'm bummed about missing the gathering, but we already have Easter plans. Don't get into too much trouble...and watch out for the rocks and wood (I think Mike wiped out hard last year, and I do remember your wipeout at Bandon where you miraculously avoided a party foul with your drink).
Old 04-14-2011, 05:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac M View Post
Donna...I'm bummed about missing the gathering, but we already have Easter plans. Don't get into too much trouble...and watch out for the rocks and wood (I think Mike wiped out hard last year, and I do remember your wipeout at Bandon where you miraculously avoided a party foul with your drink).
Yeah those stoopid moving rocks! We'll miss you and the family Isaac. Enjoy your Easter plans. I'm sure next Spring's NOG won't interfer with Easter, since that date changes but the NOGs don't.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #36

Registry
Ok Isaac I attempted to get a bit better photo of the outside for you. See attached. I actually took it all apart last year so I have a pretty good idea as to how it is put together and if you go to the Scamp web parts store you will see photos of the parts needed. First off there is a 3" Sewer Male Pipe that screws into the bottom hole in the Sealand tank - it has only a thread on the end that goes into the tank. Second piece that slips into the 1st piece is what Scamp calls a 3" termination valve (but others call a gate), the third piece which slips onto the bottom of the gate is a 3" Sewer Baynet which the cap attaches too.

I did attempt to take a photo of the inside for you :-))) but thats a bit tough to do as the hole from the top really does not open up enough for you to see much other than the hole in the bottom of the tank and the upper side of the cap covering it. I have a large DSL so it doesn't fit down the opening to get a closer view. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Small_DSC0001.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #37

Registry
Quote:
Yeah those stoopid moving rocks!
Donna you really do need to get the campground to do something about those moving rocks at Bandon. They are a hazard!
Old 04-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #38

Yeah Carol.... but watch the beer. Don't spill it! Fortunately the only thing hurt was my pride.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 PM   #39

Carol...perfect. I'm glad you didn't stick your SLR down the hole . I think you've given me all the information I need to get this done. I'm hoping I can get it done next week...we'll see how ambitious I really end up being.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #40

Trailer: 2001 Scamp 13 ft
The toilet install is finished except for the water line. It was quite a leaning experience. I would like to thank everyone for your help.
Ed D
Ed D is offline   Reply With Quote