I need help installing toilet. - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 AM   #29

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The one on my 1988 is exactly the same as what Bill posted. Carol, yours sounds "after market," wonder if the original owner replaced parts or...... I can't imagine crawling under the trailer to hookup.
Actually Donna I`m pretty sure it is stock as I have seen a number of them set up like mine. Dont actually have to crawl under it to hook up - its pretty easy to reach. I kind of like it the way it is as there are no curves in the outside pipe so its easy to stick the water wand right in it to clean it all out.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Actually Donna I`m pretty sure it is stock as I have seen a number of them set up like mine. Dont actually have to crawl under it to hook up - its pretty easy to reach. I kind of like it the way it is as there are no curves in the outside pipe so its easy to stick the water wand right in it to clean it all out.

I'm getting ready to install the toilet back in our Scamp. The previous owner damaged the drain line when he pulled it out of storage, so we've just used a port-a-potty for the last 6 years. Would someone mind posting a few pictures of a drain system that looks like Carol's (our Scamp is an '88)? I'm not really looking forward to the tank repair , but I'm too cheap to buy a new tank when I can do a repair for a fraction of the cost.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #31

British Columbia
Registry
[QUOTE=Isaac M;244304]. Would someone mind posting a few pictures of a drain system that looks like Carol's (our Scamp is an '88)?QUOTE]

Will take a photo of mine tomorrow for you Isaac - its a pretty simple set up.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #32

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Sorry you're not going to make the NOG at L.L. Stub coming up in a few days Isaac. My Scamp is an 88 too and you'd be welcome to check out anything you wish.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM   #33

British Columbia
Registry
Ok so here is the photo of what mine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Blackwater discharge_DSC0019.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #34

Oregon
Thanks for the picture Carol! If it is not too much trouble, could you get a good shot of the area where the pipe comes through the floor? Also, if you don't mind sharing what's in your toilet, can you get a shot inside the toilet where the drain hole goes out the bottom of the tank? I'm hoping I don't miss anything and get a surprise after I "think" my repair is complete.

Donna...I'm bummed about missing the gathering, but we already have Easter plans. Don't get into too much trouble...and watch out for the rocks and wood (I think Mike wiped out hard last year, and I do remember your wipeout at Bandon where you miraculously avoided a party foul with your drink).
Old 04-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #35

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac M View Post
Donna...I'm bummed about missing the gathering, but we already have Easter plans. Don't get into too much trouble...and watch out for the rocks and wood (I think Mike wiped out hard last year, and I do remember your wipeout at Bandon where you miraculously avoided a party foul with your drink).
Yeah those stoopid moving rocks! We'll miss you and the family Isaac. Enjoy your Easter plans. I'm sure next Spring's NOG won't interfer with Easter, since that date changes but the NOGs don't.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #36

British Columbia
Registry
Ok Isaac I attempted to get a bit better photo of the outside for you. See attached. I actually took it all apart last year so I have a pretty good idea as to how it is put together and if you go to the Scamp web parts store you will see photos of the parts needed. First off there is a 3" Sewer Male Pipe that screws into the bottom hole in the Sealand tank - it has only a thread on the end that goes into the tank. Second piece that slips into the 1st piece is what Scamp calls a 3" termination valve (but others call a gate), the third piece which slips onto the bottom of the gate is a 3" Sewer Baynet which the cap attaches too.

I did attempt to take a photo of the inside for you :-))) but thats a bit tough to do as the hole from the top really does not open up enough for you to see much other than the hole in the bottom of the tank and the upper side of the cap covering it. I have a large DSL so it doesn't fit down the opening to get a closer view. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Small_DSC0001.jpg  
Old 04-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #37

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yeah those stoopid moving rocks!
Donna you really do need to get the campground to do something about those moving rocks at Bandon. They are a hazard!
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 PM   #38

Oregon
Yeah Carol.... but watch the beer. Don't spill it! Fortunately the only thing hurt was my pride.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:20 AM   #39

Oregon
Carol...perfect. I'm glad you didn't stick your SLR down the hole . I think you've given me all the information I need to get this done. I'm hoping I can get it done next week...we'll see how ambitious I really end up being.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #40

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1998 Scamp 16 ft
New York
The toilet install is finished except for the water line. It was quite a leaning experience. I would like to thank everyone for your help.
Ed D