Let's Discuss SMEV Stoves & Sinks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2014, 10:56 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
My Trillium also came with the 3 burner stove with a separate glass cover over the sink. The first thing to go was a plastic grommet that holds one of the grates in place. Next the chromed plastic faucet broke at the base. Rather than spend $75 for a replacement I removed the cover and added a metal high rise faucet for half the cost.

Attachment 79039

It turns out the added height is a big improvement. Raz
Escape put one of those sink/stove combos in my trailer for me, and i have had no troubles with the tap. If I had to replace it, I would go for a good quality folding, as we really like the flush sink cover.

I had a couple of those grommets go fairly soon, and Escape mailed me a package of them. For some reason in the last 5 years, not one has gone.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #22
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
.......If I had to replace it, I would go for a good quality folding, as we really like the flush sink cover.....
All l could find was the typical plastic RV stuff similar the original. Where would you buy a replacement ? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #23

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
All l could find was the typical plastic RV stuff similar the original. Where would you buy a replacement ? Raz
I actually haven't looked, Raz. I just assumed with their popularity that there had to be some good quality ones out there, even good plastic ones. Even in metal taps they use plastic and rubber for the working parts (the cartridges).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #24

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
There are several fold down faucets available from marine supplies. Several brands and pricepoints ($60 to $100 or so). Whale makes one that looks like it would probably fit as a replacement. They also make a "telescoping" faucet.
ITC, Ambassador, and Scandvik (love their stuff) and others... This one from Scandvik is really unusual. Probably way pricey, too. http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/me.../14/ID/922.htm
I like the high goosenecks on the marine folding faucets. Best of both worlds... more room to fill a dishpan or pot under the faucet, folds out of the way when not needed. Need to check the specs on less expensive models. Many of the $30 -$40 faucets are cold only.
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 08:04 AM   #25
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Mine is a cold only bar faucet. Works for us as we have no water heater. I checked the marine faucets and could not find one that would fit. Since the sink is about 4" deep, the extra clearance made the dishwasher happy. All's good.

Jim, have you had any problems with the glass lid on the stove side hitting the burner grates? I had to glue a bumper on the glass to provide a little extra height on mine. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #26

Name: Jameson
Trailer: Scamp
California
Bumping this for those who are interested. After many hours day after day searching ebay and craigslist, I found this baby for $130. Super stoked on the counter space gained in the scamp!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3203.jpg  
Jskierpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:43 PM   #27

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Panther RV carries SMEV products.
SMEV Cooktops and Sinks
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #28

California
Yep thats the site I was referencing. The cooktop I scored runs $418 on panther RV. Brutal...
Old 03-03-2016, 07:15 PM   #29

Trailer: 94 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
@ Jskierpx -- how hard was the smev stove install? Did it drop right in?
Sheryl M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #30

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl M View Post
@ Jskierpx -- how hard was the smev stove install? Did it drop right in?
I measured twice and cut once. But with that it was easy. I used a jigsaw with a metal blade attached and it worked great.