Lets Talk Black Tanks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #15
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Neatest toilet I ever saw was essentially a re-circulating like the cassette but that could be dumped directly into the black tank. In a conversion used to attend events and races. Really extended the capacity.

Back to the regular topic. I like that blue tote plan Donna provided a lot. Already saved.

RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 'Spirit Deluxe
Mike..... Just buy a 5 gallon bucket at lowes. Then dump that down the house toilet.

charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
If I'm going to take a bucket, I may as well pack the spare porta potty instead. Might just do that for next trip, actually. But my point was originally about how I'd like my next trailer to be set up, since the OP was in the position of looking for a trailer.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #18
Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 'Spirit Deluxe
Mike.......I've used a bucket at home and when on the road when no dump station was available.

Even as one who as a former backpacker has no adversion to trees or catholes, I have grown to appreciate my toilet in the casita. I only use it for #1......and that makes the bucket convenient. In a pinch ( no pun intended ) I'lll use it for #2 but then I prefer a dump station.

I do like the real toilet. At 64 I guess I'm entitled. Plus the SO really appreciates the convenience. That's important to me.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
I like the way these threads always start going a new direction after the second page of posts!
If you think you are to small to make a difference just try sleeping with a mosquito - The Dally Lama
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
Name: Tom
Trailer: 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
What about a macerator pump like the FloJet? Surely you have a sewer clean out on the outside wall of the kitchen within 50 feet of the street or driveway.
1980 Bigfoot 17' & 1973 Compact Jr
Tom Trostel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #21
Name: Terry
Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
There's a reason why the leading US brands of fiberglass trailers (Casita and Scamp) sell so many of their units with propane, toilets, and a black tank. It's because that's what most people want. I'm always amazed by how these new trailer manufacturers leave out stuff like that and then try to argue how dangerous propane is and how awful it is to empty the sewage. When I'm traveling, i empty mine no more than once a week and it takes 5 minutes. And I don't have to schlep a smelly container of waste around. And not have propane installed in a brand new trailer? Why would anyone want to buy a new RV without it? Someday, you're going to be selling it and good luck with that. But I think the worst offender is that new Nest manufacturer that went with a tiny electric refrigerator because the exhaust ports of a propane unit would impact the awesomeness of their design. Do hipsters really buy that many trailers? Somehow I doubt it.

Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote