Loop in rubber propane hose - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 08:05 AM   #1

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Loop in rubber propane hose

It seems like when I look at stuff online it talks about avoiding loops. I ordered the same length of hose that I measured on my trailers existing setup.

I only ask because every image on the package my new hose came in specifically shows this kind of loop. Do I need longer hose so I can get a loop in it between the regulator and tanks, or am I right to have just enough length to reach the tanks, with a few inches extra? But not anywhere near enough to loop the line?
Attached Thumbnails
image1-2.jpg  
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:44 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Zach,
I'm not a propane expert nor do I know if the dual tanks are somehow different, but my single tank set-up from the manufacturer does not have a loop - only enough extra hose for a gently bend.
WDavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: Fleetwood Prowler
Alabama
In that particular application, although a loop is not necessary, the line, to me, does need to have a little wiggle room so that vibration does not pull the line tight and slowly loosen the crimped fitting ends.

If a loop (or dip in the line) was to be included in the setup, I would make sure its diameter is greater than the line’s minimum bend radius. Also, I would orient it so the loop cannot collect anything like oil or sediment which is not uncommon in propane cylinders.
SteveSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #4

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Thanks.

Yeah on my last camper I had a lot of extra length in my rubber propane line and it ended up getting a bunch of oily gunk collected in it.

The line I bought is enough to reach the tanks plus a few inches extra, but not enough to loop. Sounds like it'll be fine.
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Fleetwood Prowler
Alabama
I agree.
SteveSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane