Marine plug - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #15
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The Oliver Trailer was very modern and had a lot of luxury touches. Some say that is why their $30K price 5 years ago was a shocker. Suffice to say, they only made I think less than 100 units. But the retractable power cord takes up a lot of valuable space. The locker is probably 3'x2'x2' and you push a button and it pulls itself in. Similar to one of those retractable compressed air line hoses in a garage. The Marinco kit and others sold at CW are less expensive and takes up way less space.
Not sure where that 12 cubic foot "locker" is located, but the Retractable Power Cord unit in our Oliver has 45 feet of cord, was standard equipment and takes up about 1.5 cubic feet. It has performed flawlessly for the 5 years and 30 thousand or so miles we've used it.

Dimensions: 12" x 14" x 16"

I'm sure its advertised price of about $600.00 added significantly to the price we paid. But so did the satellite dome, the convection microwave, the three electric jacks, two AGM batteries, 5200 lb axle, custom wheels, aluminum frame, double hull construction with all enclosed plumbing and all LED lighting. These were all standard. There were not nearly 100 units built and we got the 26th one off the line. Based on the cost of the molds alone they lost millions of dollars. But the company is still in business and they did not lay off any employees, only switched products they manufacture. I've had virtually no problems with our Oliver but whenever I've contacted the company, they have never charged me a cent for anything they provided. I wish all companies had that good of customer service. I suppose that the "$30K price 5 years ago was a shocker" to some, we actually payed several thousand less, but I've never felt that we paid too much.

Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote