need help with 17 foot boler water line - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 PM   #1

Trailer: Bonair
Send a message via Yahoo to Marlean K
We have just purchased a 17 foot boler and the white water tank had been damaged and removed along with the water line to it. If anyone who has one would be kind enough to tell us where the pump went and where the water line was located. If you emailed your phone number to us we will call you on our nickle. thanking you inadvance for any help. bankeir (at) uniserve.com

Old 06-11-2007, 12:51 PM   #2

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
The following posts are essentially the answer which I provided for this question in Bolerama, plus photos and some detail refinement.

I hope the cross-posting is okay... I thought FiberglassRV would give this information a broader exposure (even among B1700 owners), and FiberglassRV is much more receptive to illustrative photo attachments than the Delphi Bolerama forum.

There are two common B1700 layouts: the gaucho (sofa/bed) can be in the rear (model B1700RG or B1700RGH), or the gaucho (sofa/bed) can be along the curb side (model B1700SG or B1700SGH). Mine is a Rear Gaucho (B1700RGH), and the other one may be different.

Now on to the plumbing...

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:54 PM   #3

Alberta
Plumbing Under The Floor

The fresh water tank runs across the trailer between the frame rails behind the axle, so it is ahead of the front of the gaucho. A welded support holds the step on the front side; a bolted-on support holds the step on the back side. The tank is deeper on the curb (right) side, to slope down to the outlet; the frame is 4" deep and the support is 2" deep, for scale. The stock support is 2"x2" angle iron; mine is 2" square tube (the grey bar in the photo).

Click image for larger version

Name:	tank_notes_500x236.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	8237

A rubber hose runs from the tank outlet fitting on the curbside end of the tank and up through the floor to the water pump, which is located in the storage cabinet under the gaucho, near the curb side end. This photo is looking under the curb side, just behind the wheel.

Name:	inletHose_notes_472x500.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	8238
Old 06-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #4

Alberta
Inside Plumbing

The pump is just screwed to the floor under the gaucho, and the output piping from it tees into the cold water line which runs on the floor between the kitchen cabinet and the incoming water fitting in the middle of the street side, rearward of the bathroom and under the closet. The water flows from street/service side towards the kitchen if supplied from the outside "city" water connection, or the other way when if supplied from the tank by the pump. The hot water line (since this trailer has a shower) just runs by this area.

Name:	underGaucho_notes_500x213.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	8239

In the kitchen cabinet under the sink, that line from under the gaucho has a tee to connect to the sink faucet and the water heater inlet. The hot water goes from here to the shower following the same route as the cold water line. With no shower, I suppose there would just be nothing but a line direct from pump to faucet. I would have mounted the pump here (on the floor under the sink), but I suppose there was some reason it is under the gaucho.

Name:	underSink_notes_294x500.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	8240

At the city water fitting in the middle of the street side, rearward of the bathroom and under the closet, there are series of tee fittings to connect the various cold water sources and destinations; without a shower, there would just be no hot line and one less cold line. Again, the hot water line just runs by this area without connections.

Name:	serviceSide_notes_500x332.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	8241
Old 06-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #5

Alberta
It makes no sense to me to pull the plumbing from a trailer which has a complete kitchen and bath, unless you plan to keep going and strip all water-related parts (sink, toilet, grey and black tanks, all of the vents...). There's no understanding the Previous Owner! Fortunately, it should be easy to put the water-supply plumbing back in - it's generally all reachable and in there's just not very much of it. This is even an opportunity to use more standard modern plumbing fittings... and maybe add a water heater?

All of the fresh water (hot and cold) plumbing in mine is done in plastic (except for that rubber hose to the pump), which is appropriate; the crimped fittings are new to me, but I have not needed to change any. There seem to be two different types of tubing, in black and grey, of slightly different sizes, with some transition fittings between them at inexplicable locations. I suppose it's a different type of plastic now, but since I haven't changed any of mine I have not worried about exactly what it is.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:08 PM   #6

Trailer: Boler 1700SGH (Stage II twoftitis)
Quote:
It makes no sense to me to pull the plumbing from a trailer which has a complete kitchen and bath, unless you plan to keep going and strip all water-related parts (sink, toilet, grey and black tanks, all of the vents...). There's no understanding the Previous Owner! Fortunately, it should be easy to put the water-supply plumbing back in - it's generally all reachable and in there's just not very much of it. This is even an opportunity to use more standard modern plumbing fittings... and maybe add a water heater?

All of the fresh water (hot and cold) plumbing in mine is done in plastic (except for that rubber hose to the pump), which is appropriate; the crimped fittings are new to me, but I have not needed to change any. There seem to be two different types of tubing, in black and grey, of slightly different sizes, with some transition fittings between them at inexplicable locations. I suppose it's a different type of plastic now, but since I haven't changed any of mine I have not worried about exactly what it is.
Funny this should come up. I was putting my sink in this weekend when I inadvertantly broke a T fitting (the one that comes from the bypass and goes to the hot water side of the faucet). Basically, the tubing has "PB" or "Poly-B" in various places and we all know this to be the same as the recently outlawed (apparently) "Poly-B" that is in places like my house. All this stuff was replaced with "PEX". The PEX fittings are slightly small diameter than poly-b fittings and of course, they make transition fittings that have a poly-B hose barb on one side and a PEX hose barb on the other. All the Poly-B stuff in my trailer is 1/2" with the exception of the hoses that go to the faucet, which are 3/8". I'm going to redo mine tonight, transitioning from poly-B to PEX. My co-worker loaned me his crimper.

Tags
boler