New faucet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2018, 12:36 AM   #1

Name: David
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 13 S1 BB
IL
New faucet

Picked up this faucet on Amazon for $15. Seems decent quality, was a direct fit with my scamp 13, and has a removable aerator. All that is missing now is a seaflo accumulator tank to help with the water hammer caused by the low flow 1 gpm aerator that I added to the faucet.
Attached Thumbnails
20180606_190632.jpg   20180606_190635.jpg  

20180606_190652.jpg  
Gompka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:04 AM   #2

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp
New York
New Faucet

Hello Dave,

We want to put one of those in our 2017 Scamp 13.

I assume at the very least the sink would have to be pulled out to install the faucet.

Can you provide some installation details?

Thank you.
TonyJanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:22 AM   #3

IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyJanet View Post
Hello Dave,

We want to put one of those in our 2017 Scamp 13.

I assume at the very least the sink would have to be pulled out to install the faucet.

Can you provide some installation details?

Thank you.
Actually no, just take out the silverware drawer and reach in to unscrew the water line and then the faucet. Took att of 10 minutes.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:37 AM   #4

New York
Okay,

Maybe I missed something.

Recently I tried to remove the silverware drawer to file the lower edge of the opening to prevent the drawer from scraping.

I could not figure out how to remove the drawer. Even the info on the drawer slide manufacturer's web site did not help.

How does the drawer come out?

Thank You,
Tony
Old 06-07-2018, 06:42 AM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
I wonder if one of these water saving devices will fit in it. I dont think these work with the faucet that came in my Scamp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036JDU2W

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L143AA
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #6

IL
Gordon, the faucet accepts standard aerators so I'm pretty sure the devices you posted will work. I have an adjustable aerator .5/1.0/1.5 gpm that fits the facet, but the pump cycling makes it splash, it has many little high pressure streams. Once i put in the accumulator tank i'll see if it works better and report back.

TonyJanet, on my 2013 there is a screw in the rear of the drawer, one on each side, if you remove these screws the drawer will come all the way out.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #7

New York
Dave,

Just checked and our silverware drawer does not have the two screws you mentioned.

It's possible scamp went to a different drawer set up between 2013 and 2017.

Maybe somebody else will read this thread and give their input. If not I will post the question in a new thread.

Tony
Old 06-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #8

IL
Quote:
Dave,

Just checked and our silverware drawer does not have the two screws you mentioned.

Maybe somebody else will read this thread and give their input. If not I will post the question in a new thread.

Tony
Very possible, my drawer doesn't have drawer sliders, it just slides on a piece of wood, its one of the things that angers me in my camper. When you figure it out please take a few pictures of how scamp did the sliders, its on my to do list to put in real sliders.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 AM   #9

North Carolina
Quote:

On my 2015 with drawer mounted on rails under the stove I could remove the drawer by pushing in on the two black tabs on the rails and sliding the drawer out....

But the sink and faucet is also on the other side of the camper from the silverware drawer in my case, so YMMV.
Attached Thumbnails
drawer.jpg  
Old 06-07-2018, 07:34 AM   #10

IL
Quote:
Dave,

Tony
The drawer sliders I've had experience with, you either had to pull the drawer out all the way and tilt the front up, or if you pull it out all the way see if you can see a little black lever in the slide itself, there would be one on each side, you would have to push them up or down at the same time to get the drawer to come out.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #11

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gompka View Post
Gordon, the faucet accepts standard aerators so I'm pretty sure the devices you posted will work. I have an adjustable aerator .5/1.0/1.5 gpm that fits the facet, but the pump cycling makes it splash, it has many little high pressure streams. Once i put in the accumulator tank i'll see if it works better and report back.....
My pump also cycles quickly (hammers) when I try to get a low flow. I'm thinking that the water saver will allow me to have full or near full pressure but still allow me to get smaller amounts of water than I can when turning on the faucet high enough to stop the "pump hammer." Sort of like very quickly turning the OEM faucet from off to 3/4 on, then quickly off again.

Anyway I have the hot and cold faucet but no longer have hot water service, so I will take out the OEM two knob faucet today and see if it looks like this will work.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #12

IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
On my 2015 with drawer mounted on rails under the stove I could remove the drawer by pushing in on the two black tabs on the rails and sliding the drawer out....

But the sink and faucet is also on the other side of the camper from the silverware drawer in my case, so YMMV.
Gordon if you get a chance can you take a picture of how scamp mounted your drawer slides? Are they attached to the bottom of the stove or did they put in a piece of wood at the sides of the opening above the refrigerator?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #13

North Carolina
Quote:
Gordon if you get a chance can you take a picture of how scamp mounted your drawer slides? Are they attached to the bottom of the stove or did they put in a piece of wood at the sides of the opening above the refrigerator?

Thanks
You are lucky.. my Scamp is sufficiently disassembled at present that I have a good view of the drawer.

The rails are mounted to a sheet of OSB which in turn is mounted to the underside of the stove. It looks like Scamp drilled four or so holes in the bottom of the stove housing and used square-drive screws to mount the OSB.

If one were to remove the stove completely, one would also have to remove the silverware drawer, or figure a different way to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails
drawer_mount_side_view.jpg  
Old 06-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #14

IL
Quote:
You are lucky.. my Scamp is sufficiently disassembled at present that I have a good view of the drawer.

The rails are mounted to a sheet of OSB which in turn is mounted to the underside of the stove. It looks like Scamp drilled four or so holes in the bottom of the stove housing and used square-drive screws to mount the OSB.

If one were to remove the stove completely, one would also have to remove the silverware drawer, or figure a different way to mount it.
Gordon thanks a bunch! I have the same piece of osb under my stove, except my drawer just has some aluminum c channel that actually slides on the osb itself, looks like it shouldn't be too much work to put in real sliders then.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #15

North Carolina
Quote:
Picked up this faucet on Amazon for $15. Seems decent quality, was a direct fit with my scamp 13, and has a removable aerator. ..
OK I have the OEM faucet out and I'm checking measurements.

Can you tell me the height of your new faucet, both to the start of the top curve and to the very top of the curve? TIA
Old 06-07-2018, 08:55 AM   #16

IL
Quote:
OK I have the OEM faucet out and I'm checking measurements.

Can you tell me the height of your new faucet, both to the start of the top curve and to the very top of the curve? TIA
Gordon i won't be home for a while, but the amazon reviews say 10" to the top of the curve, i'd guess about 5-6" to the start of the curve, i can measure that part for you later today.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #17

North Carolina
Quote:
Gordon i won't be home for a while, but the amazon reviews say 10" to the top of the curve, i'd guess about 5-6" to the start of the curve, i can measure that part for you later today.
Thanks... I checked all the Q&A and descriptions but not all the reviews so I missed that.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #18

IL
Here is a video after installing the seaflo accumulator tank and a 1.5gpm kitchen swivel aerator. The tank is approximately the same size as the pump. Can run water on super low flow for about 8 seconds before the pump cycles on. https://youtu.be/QB_RaHcPYCw
Old 06-09-2018, 03:48 AM   #19
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
I wonder if one of these water saving devices will fit in it. I dont think these work with the faucet that came in my Scamp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036JDU2W

or

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001L143AA
FWIW Years ago I installed water saver aerators on my bathroom sinks. It didn't take long before the packing around the valve stems started to leak. With the water off at the aerator, the valves, being open, see pressure. The one I installed in the kitchen works fine after twenty years. My best guess is it's a different valve design.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #20

IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
FWIW Years ago I installed water saver aerators on my bathroom sinks. It didn't take long before the packing around the valve stems started to leak. With the water off at the aerator, the valves, being open, see pressure. The one I installed in the kitchen works fine after twenty years. My best guess is it's a different valve design.
RAZ all new faucets come with some kind of aerator usually 2.5 gpm so i don't think this is an issue anymore with newer faucets. The only valve i own that still uses packing material is in my old coleman white gas stove. The kitchen valves with single handle use a disc type valve, usually ceramic. I believe all bathroom faucets now use rubber and nylon pieces instead of the old style packing material.