New Scamp 16' Compostable Toilet Conversion - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-23-2017, 08:48 AM   #15

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
the toilet

bob h your post makes sense as it is sort of emergency only set-up which is what we would need for Quartzite. As to the t/p serperation be thankful we live in America.

While in Portagul and Spain we noticed this t/p serpartion in bathrooms very strange I thought until you got out on their highways. The towns all use lagooons and all of them are a mess! I wont go into the smell as you pass by!

If BLM would only put some portapotties out for us we could figure out the rest! You comment regarding p could be sovlved with using the milkjug lids and dump them later at the stone toilets!

bob

k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #16

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Just an update on my post above. I recently replaced my 13 foot Scamp. I bought a new, 16 foot, layout 4. When I bought my new Scamp I ordered it without a toilet, but with a shower. No problem for Scamp.

I originally planned to move my old C-Head toilet into the new trailer, but the buyers of my old Scamp wanted the C-Head left in. I have now bought a new C-Head and have it in the new Scamp.

When I picked up the new Scamp in Backus, the gentleman doing my walk-through was very impressed with how roomy the side bath shower was without the toilet - I agree. Since I have found that the C-Head needs no ventilation (it is optional), and the rubber latches make complete removal of the toilet a one minute job, my plan is to set the toilet out of the shower while bathing.

Point of my post was to let folks know that Scamp will, in fact, build their trailer with a shower, but without the toilet.

LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #17

Name: Arthur
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 5th Wheel
New Hampshire
Composting Toilet

I installed a Natures Head in my Scamp 19 last year.

Easy to install

Works every bit as advertised

Wife and I love having to empty every 3 to 4 weeks in about a half hour wherever we are!

I though emptying the urine jug would be a drag but its easy and convenient.

Would do it again in a heartbeat!

ArthurBNH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp