No running water - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #1

Name: Mae
Trailer: Corsair Excella
British Columbia
Question No running water

Hello,
I am a newbie. I have a Corsair Excella 35 foot fifth wheel. I can't figure out why the water does not work. I filled the tank from the outside no-pressure fill with a hose until it spurted out the side, so I presume that means full. Yet the tank monitor says empty and the pump does not bring any water even though I can hear it trying. Any clues?
Thank you
Mae
MaeBeCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
There may be a bypass valve that is used for winterizing that is closed. It would be on or real close to the water pump. Your pump may not be working properly, or you could have an air leak in the supply line causing the pump to cavatate.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:05 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeBeCD View Post
Hello,
I am a newbie. I have a Corsair Excella 35 foot fifth wheel. I can't figure out why the water does not work. I filled the tank from the outside no-pressure fill with a hose until it spurted out the side, so I presume that means full. Yet the tank monitor says empty and the pump does not bring any water even though I can hear it trying. Any clues?
Thank you
Mae
Sounds like a bad monitor and another problem. If there's water in the tank then the monitor should show it. It has nothing to do with the water not coming through the pipes unless the tank did not get water for some reason. I had a motorhome that the water did not come through and we thought it was a bad pump. Put in new pump and nothing still. There could be a shut off near the pump like I had in a motorhome. It was so that when I was hooked up to city water the tank couldn't get filled or overfilled. You have a larger unit and I'd look for a shut off to prevent the tank from getting filled when hooked to city water. One way to check this is to see if you get water from the city water hookup. You could call the dealer or take it to an RV place and ask them to show you where the valves are. Most are near the pump. Check to see if your hot water tank is full. If the bypass valves are closed then it won't be full. But you should still get cold water since the bypass valves are for winterizing and not putting the anti-freeze into the hot water tank. Do you have manuals for the rig. If so look in them for the valve locations.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:08 PM   #4

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Sounds like a bad monitor and another problem. If there's water in the tank then the monitor should show it. It has nothing to do with the water not coming through the pipes unless the tank did not get water for some reason. I had a motorhome that the water did not come through and we thought it was a bad pump. Put in new pump and nothing still. There could be a shut off near the pump like I had in a motorhome. It was so that when I was hooked up to city water the tank couldn't get filled or overfilled. You have a larger unit and I'd look for a shut off to prevent the tank from getting filled when hooked to city water. One way to check this is to see if you get water from the city water hookup. You could call the dealer or take it to an RV place and ask them to show you where the valves are. Most are near the pump. Check to see if your hot water tank is full. If the bypass valves are closed then it won't be full. But you should still get cold water since the bypass valves are for winterizing and not putting the anti-freeze into the hot water tank. Do you have manuals for the rig. If so look in them for the valve locations.
zed

Do you know if the rig was winterized? You can get an airlock and you have to leave the faucets open and hook to city water to get it out.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
The pump is air locked. Loosen the outlet fitting on the pump, just enough to let the air escape.
If it doesn’t take off pumping, loosen the inlet side some.
Retighten when pump starts.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote