No water at kitchen tap (problem solved) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
No water at kitchen tap (problem solved)

I relate this story in case it might help someone else someday.

I decided to de-winterize my trailer today. Got out the hose, put water in the fresh tank, turned on the pump and opened the kitchen hot & cold knobs. Got a brief little drizzle, then nothing. I thought, what the....? Could the pump have gone bad?

So I hooked the hose (with regulator attached) to the screw-on spot so I could get a pressurized water supply. Tried the tap, still no water coming. Tried the tub tap, water flowed freely. Tried the toilet, water comes in there too. Kitchen sink... nada!

I checked the water lines from the inlet to the faucet for kinks. Nothing. No leaks, either. The line simply T's with part going up to the sink and part going back to the tub, so what could be the problem here? Stood around scratching my head.

Could it be... naw, no way... well, might as well try just to see what happens.... I unscrewed and removed the aerator from the end of the faucet. Turned the cold knob and water sprayed everywhere! Yep, the aerator had gotten plugged, simple as that.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #2

Name: Kamala
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Thanks

Same problem--same solution. Thanks for posting
kamalamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
I had a bunch of sandy stuff (probably calcium from the water heater) flush out of my faucets when I de-winterized.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM   #4

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yeah, I'm going to have to do some surgery on my shore-water faucet. My first trip of the year 2 weekends ago revealed that something is blocking something. Water is getting TO the faucet, just not coming OUT of the faucet. I haven't yet gotten around to removing it and staring inside.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
same problem,........thought NOW WHAT? Toilet worked but not sink?....same solution
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:41 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
The water pump works like a gas pump. When it detects pressure building it shuts off. That's why you need to keep the aerator clear of debris.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:50 PM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Yup, same problem. But with us it happened when we were helping the new purchasers of our EggCamper set up for their first night in their new camper. I was ready to put them up in a hotel and take the camper to an RV repair center when one of us, (not me), thought to check the aerator screen - what a relief to find that was all there was to the problem.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Registry
Just checked my Scamp's aerators (kitchen and bath sinks) and they don't have screens in them. Instead they have an asterisk shape that aerates but and allows scale to wash through.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mike.....Thanks so much for this post. I am on my way to Florida and water stopped coming out of the sink faucet yet it would come out of the shower and toilet. I searched the forums and your post came up. I just took the end off the faucet and just like you said, there was gunk in there. I cleaned it out and like magic the faucet works again.

I really enjoy traveling in my little trailer but I could not do so without the massive amount of information I have learned from the Fiberglass RV forums.
Ms. Gayle 2012-IA,MO,NE,WY,MT,UT,NM,AZ,TX/2013-AR,LA,AL, FL,GA,SC,NC,TN,KY,KS,CO/2014-IL,MO,MN,MI,WI IA/2015-SD,IA,MO,OK,TX/2016-AR,MS,FL,MO,IN,VA,NC,TN/2017-KS,CO,UT,AR,MS,FL/2018-IL,IN,SD,MN,Canada,IA, OK,TX,NM/2019-OK,TX,AR,NE,SD/2020-AR
Ms. Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #10

Oklahoma
You're very welcome!
Old 01-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #11

Name: Sheri
Trailer: Gulf Stream
Oregon
Low Water Pressure in Sink

You Sir, are a GOD! Thank you for suggesting the Aerator was plugged. My trailer is brand new and I've been living in it for 1 week and never any kitchen water pressure.. I took the Aerator off and sure enough there was blue plastic inside of it, like it had been wrapped in it at one time. Thank you, Thank you and Thank you again!!
Chessiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessiegal View Post
...My trailer is brand new and I've been living in it for 1 week ..
Nice! And now you can update your profile, which currently says. "Trailer: Currently Seeking" Then we can see what you bought!

BTW, the last post was in 2014 so I dont know if "God" will see your thanks LOL
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 05:53 PM   #13

Name: Sheri
Trailer: Gulf Stream
Oregon
Thank you!

I will update. I'm sure GOD in her infinite wisdom will know all about it.
Chessiegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessiegal View Post
You Sir, are a GOD!
"I'm sure GOD in her infinite wisdom will know all about it"

Interesting. All this time I thought Gordon way a guy.
Old 01-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #15

Oklahoma
Thanks and nope, I'm not a God, however He and I are on a first name basis... ...having met up several decades ago. Life's been way better ever since!
Old 08-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #16

Name: MaryAnn
Trailer: Vanguard
Saskatchewan
No hot water only cold

I have the same problem as many however it is not the aerator as my cold water pressure is excellent. One month ago my hot water pressure was good too. Went out this weekend and no kitchen pressure on hot. Have a single lever tap so completely puzzled. Any suggestions?
1camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:35 PM   #17

Name: Brock
Trailer: Salem
Alabama
I made an account on this forum for no reason except to thank you for posting your problem and solution. I had the same problem and you helped me fix it. You're the man!
Briendeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 06:16 PM   #18

Name: Chad
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
What do people run for PSI for a 12v water pump?
Chadwick1977 is offline   Reply With Quote