Palomino 2004 S17 Hybrid New owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #1

Name: G
Trailer: not yet
Manitoba
Palomino 2004 S17 Hybrid New owner

hello new member, virgin owner of camper. i don't know how to light the gas water heater.... furnace.... gas/ac electric/ or air con./
Does any one have a manual for a 2004 palomino stampede s 17,

thanks herbeeking
Saskatchewan
herbeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Unlikely that the manual for the trailer has the info you need.
You need to identify the brand and model of the appliances that you wish to use and then look them up individually. The same brand of trailer may have used different brands and models of appliances, depending on when it was built.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:23 AM   #3

Name: G
Trailer: not yet
Manitoba
Thanks. Wondering do the fridge , stove and hot water tanks have the same ignition source or are they separate.
Fridge is Americana that has ac electric and gas...
herbeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
This forum is all about molded fiberglass trailers. Yours is not that type of build so you'll not as likely to find answers here. Hopefully somebody will give you a link to a forum where you can find the answers.
Meantime, I can only suggest that you Google your specific appliances and models.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
most of the appliances will have their own ignition, the propane will need to be turned on, and the individual appliances may or may not have pilots or auto light circuits.
most likely you will need a battery on board in order to make anything function (house Battery 12 volt). look for a model number for each appliance and do a web search, most manufacturers keep manuals and troubleshooting guides on their website.
Welcome to camping and our little fiberglass RV group. While our trailers are substantially different, the appliances are not so different and we will be glad to offer suggestions where we can.
Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #6

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
In case you don't get the info on this forum, here's another place you might ask:
Woodalls Open Roads Forum: New Topics
Or on here:
PopUp Explorer - Index

The furnaces that I've had in RVs have ignited via spark ignition when the thermostat called for heat.

Hot water heaters sometimes have direct spark ignition (DSI... usually these are gas/electric dual mode units), but some require that you go outside and open the access door. Turn the knob from OFF to PILOT. Press in on the red button while holding a lit wand-type lighter near the orifice, and after the gas lights on fire continue to hold the red button in for about 2 full minutes (there's a gizmo that must heat up and stay open). I hate that kind of system.

Refrigerator lighting systems can vary, too. Some have auto spark ignition once you flip the switch. I owned one Norcold that had a button on the front that actually created the spark (you could hear the loud click each time you pressed it). So I had to hold in one button, then depress the spark button repeatedly until I saw the needle indicator start to move... and hold in that one button until it climbed into the green zone on the indicator window.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote