ParkLiner low water drain - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-28-2014, 01:16 PM   #15

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Bob View Post
Has anyone had a problem with the check valve on the city water inlet? On my first tank fill I flipped on the water pump switch and the pump ran continuously. The I realized that the water was shooting out of the city water inlet. Yikes. I have temporarily used a threaded hose cap when not connected to city water. I ordered another inlet fitting and will install when we return home from one month upper mid-west tour. Just curious if this has happened to any others.
Bob, Assuming you're talking about the 12V DC water pump, can it possibly be wired backward such that the pump is running backward? I think most RV water pumps have a built-in pressure switch such that when the line pressure is low, they kick on until the line pressure is high, then they shut themselves off until the line pressure drops again. If the pump motor was running backward, it seems like that could maybe, possibly, sort of explain why it wasn't generating enough line pressure to shut itself off and maybe, possibly, sort of explain why line water being pushed backward into the holding tank was forcing itself out the inlet (check-valve not withstanding). Let us know what you find out. Curious minds want to know....

Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #16

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Frank, Just a reminder when you're at the ParkLiner shop tomorrow - please check out the new frames to see if they are still welding the axle to the frame or have changed to bolting the axle to the frame. Just curious if they've made that change. Thanks....
Dale, when I got to the plant, there was a young fellow there who was waiting for me to have me call Chandler. Long story short, I never even made it into the factory, and for reasons I will not go into here, did not even think about this axle issue. Email or call Tom Bass, he should be able to tell you. tom@parkliner.com or call 336 269-2029.

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Dale, when I got to the plant, there was a young fellow there who was waiting for me to have me call Chandler. Long story short, I never even made it into the factory, and for reasons I will not go into here, did not even think about this axle issue. Email or call Tom Bass, he should be able to tell you. tom@parkliner.com or call 336 269-2029.
Frank
Will do. Were you able to get #006 back home in good running order? Dale
Old 07-28-2014, 02:43 PM   #18

New York
Yes Dale, long trip, but everything went fine. Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #19

New York
Hey folks, I am still looking for help with how to get a low water drain in. Those of you that have one, either installed by the factory or otherwise, can you give me a hand with where it is located, and how and what it is hooked up to? The faucet at this point is less of a concern, but I sure want to get a low water drain in before the snow flies!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 07:56 AM   #20

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
On right is water input, on left is hot water tank, center is where tap was added for outside faucet.

Close up of tap

Outside faucet

Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 AM   #21

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
On right is water input, on left is hot water tank, center is where tap was added for outside faucet.
Thanks Huck!

Tell me, do you have a low water drain over on the other side of the trailer, as shown in their new DVD?

I got a kick out of the DVD for a number of reasons, but especially their calling these trailers the ParkLiner 15. Sounds like an expanded ParkLiner is afoot.

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #22

Alabama
Frank, Our EggCamper has two drains: 1) a spigot valve drain coming out the bottom of the onboard fresh water tank that drains through a hole drilled through the camper floor and 2) a tube coming out of the water heater drain valve which also goes through a hole drilled through the camper floor. I also pull the screen cover off the water pump and let water drain into a little bowl because I found out that's a low spot that doesn't drain even when I force compressed air through the system to force water out of the lines and faucets. In your case, it seems that if you simply found one or two low spots in the lines back up under the cabinetry, spliced in a "T", attached a spigot valve to the "T", then drilled a hole big enough for the tubing to drain water from the spigot valve through the tubing and out the hole, you could get the job done. Again, I'd suggest blowing compressed air through the water inlet, back through the faucets, etc., to force water toward the low spots where the spigot drain valves are located.

On another note, we have two drain traps (sink and shower) that I use a long piece of plastic tubing and a basting syringe to syphon the water up out of the traps so there is no water in there to freeze over the winter.

Best of luck....
Old 07-29-2014, 08:30 AM   #23

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Frank, Our EggCamper has two drains: 1) a spigot valve drain coming out the bottom of the onboard fresh water tank that drains through a hole drilled through the camper floor and 2) a tube coming out of the water heater drain valve which also goes through a hole drilled through the camper floor. I also pull the screen cover off the water pump and let water drain into a little bowl because I found out that's a low spot that doesn't drain even when I force compressed air through the system to force water out of the lines and faucets. In your case, it seems that if you simply found one or two low spots in the lines back up under the cabinetry, spliced in a "T", attached a spigot valve to the "T", then drilled a hole big enough for the tubing to drain water from the spigot valve through the tubing and out the hole, you could get the job done. Again, I'd suggest blowing compressed air through the water inlet, back through the faucets, etc., to force water toward the low spots where the spigot drain valves are located.

On another note, we have two drain traps (sink and shower) that I use a long piece of plastic tubing and a basting syringe to syphon the water up out of the traps so there is no water in there to freeze over the winter.

Best of luck....
Thanks Dale, good suggestions, and I need good luck!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-29-2014, 09:11 AM   #24

Virginia
Quote:
Thanks Huck!

Tell me, do you have a low water drain over on the other side of the trailer, as shown in their new DVD?

I got a kick out of the DVD for a number of reasons, but especially their calling these trailers the ParkLiner 15. Sounds like an expanded ParkLiner is afoot.

Thanks!

Frank
Yes.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #25

New York
Close up pic of water drain valve?

I can see from the video ParkLiner sent out that there is a valve over by the water pump, but can't see any detail in the video. Could any of you ParkLiner owners with the factory drain/valve take a pic or two for me so I can replicate it?

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #26

Virginia
Quote:
Thanks Huck!

Thanks!

Frank

Old 07-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #27

New York
Excellent! Thanks again Huck, you are an absolute fountain of knowledge!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #28

New York
Well, it took a while to drain the tank, but it's done!

Now I have to get a "t" into this hose that runs from the bottom of the tank to the pump. Not much room, but I think it can be done...

2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner