Parkliner maiden voyage...water questions. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #15

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Thanks all- I think we have some much appreciated info to share with the plumber when he gets to us. Hopefully we can correct these problems easily and efficiently. We'll be sharing your related feedback with him as well as the casita manual a friend printed out for us.
Since we are in NM and Parkliner is in NC we've accepted the fact they are not going to be the party who will ultimately remedy our situation- of course we were assured it went through a "thorough" personal inspection by Chandler himself before being released for delivery- not alot more we could do under the circumstances and yes it's obviously a huge issue to not have a manual of any kind other than those (product installation guides) that come from the appliance mfrs. Which of course were included with the rig.
I'll keep you posted as the story unfolds.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #16

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
Our first trip had it's mishaps and then it had it's conundrums. Our drive was a mere 4 1/2 hours with little wind for the southwest and all went well.

Sorry, I can't help with your water issue as I am one of those that has to see it, to figure out what's happening. Only wanted to comment on your comment that you had a "Little wind" on your drive to your first glass adventure! Being a neighbor who has spent a lot of time in WY I can say, that's a good thing ! Enjoy your first glass adventure. I hope the water issue gets resolved and the rest of your trip is perfect. I will suggest asking neighboring campers, you will be surprised how friendly and helpful camping neighbors can be.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #17

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by elli View Post
Since we are in NM and Parkliner is in NC we've accepted the fact they are not going to be the party who will ultimately remedy our situation- of course we were assured it went through a "thorough" personal inspection by Chandler himself before being released for delivery- not alot more we could do under the circumstances
Have they arranged the plumber for you? Even though you are not near them they still are the party who should be arranging and paying for the repair.

Most RV manufactures will direct an owner needing warranty work to an RV shop near you that they have arranged for & will pay for it to be fixed at for you.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #18

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I agree with Carol, most will direct you to repairs. Hope it gets figured out for you. And enjoy the great weather we have been having. Tonight in to tomorrow, as I am sure you have heard is suppose to get a little snow and cold but the weather is suppose to pop back to beautiful by thursaday! Enjoy!

Ok, so after just reading your in NM. I will take back my comment on WY wind .

And say, Holy campers, you made it from WY to NM in 4 1/2 hours? Alrighty then, perhaps you created the little bit of wind! Dang! I have made that drive more than once and I couldn't do it in 4 1/2 hours!
LOL........

Part of the adventure is enjoying the journey to the adventure! Enjoy!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 AM   #19

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Has OP said somewhere that they used a pressure reduction valve on the city water line? If not, it may not be a warranty issue.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #20

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Has OP said somewhere that they used a pressure reduction valve on the city water line? If not, it may not be a warranty issue.
Agree Glenn it may not be a warranty issue - could have been due to a lack of a pressure reduction valve as has been suggested by a few people or it could have been due to not releasing the air from the hot water tank or lines when hooking up the city water .... but if the trailer manufactures doesn't supply a manual to their purchasers then stuffs going to happen.

Either way though until someone in the know actually looks at it to confirm what/how it happened Parkliner can't say that it is not theirs to arrange for repair of and/or pay for if it turns out it was caused by something not installed correctly.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #21

British Columbia
Yes. And, one has to wonder why Parkliner would choose to attend a RV show rather than direct their attention to serving current customers and getting orders out the door.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #22

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Chez Nous - a 2011 Scamp 16'
Texas
Carol. how does one "release the air" from hot water tank and lines when hooking up to city water?

S.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #23

British Columbia
Registry
Best practises to avoid blowing up water lines and connections is to open up your sink water tap when you first turn on the city water connection. On the hot water tank there is normally a pressure relief valve (mine is on the outside access hatch area). If the tank has lots of air in it that will stop the tank from filling up all the way. When you connect to city water and open the by pass valve (assuming you have one) to allow the hot water tank to fill - you should also go outside and open the pressure valve on the hot water tank and wait unit the water starts to run out of the valve - that way you know the tank is full of water and not just air before you light it up.

Edit to add: Another hint is if you have been using the hot water tank and want to drain it, its best to open the pressure relief valve before you try and take the hot water drain cap off. Otherwise the cap is likely to shoot off and never been seen again. Have learned that lesson the hard way more than once
Old 01-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #24

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
How does one know that it is no more than a hunk of dirt or debris that is stuck in the pump's check valve allowing water to flow in the wrong direction ? I found some small pieces of ? ( Looked like Plastic) in my pump screen after using it for the first time
Old 01-22-2014, 12:11 PM   #25

British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
How does one know that it is no more than a hunk of dirt or debris that is stuck in the pump's check valve allowing water to flow in the wrong direction ? I found some small pieces of ? ( Looked like Plastic) in my pump screen after using it for the first time
Thats the thing Steve - no one knows what or why. Many different things could have caused it.

Best as its a brand new trailer that the manufacture have it checked out by someone who knows what they are doing/looking at to determine the *actual* cause/problem.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #26

British Columbia
Picture of hot water relief valve on my Escape ( top centre ).
Also in open position.
When draining the hot water tank by removing the anode, you should open the relief valve to assist drainage.
Attached Thumbnails
anode relief valve.jpg   anode relief valve open.jpg  

Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #27

British Columbia
Registry
So as to not confuse anyone it should be pointed out that Glenn has a nice newish Escape and on many of our older trailers the anode he mention is not actually attached to the hot water drain cap so it doesn't come out (be removed) when you unscrew the drain plug.

Tags
parkliner