PL Water Tank/Pump Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
PL Water Tank/Pump Question

This is hopefully a very beginner question. In fact, I'm sure it is!

My PL went back to the factory last year for some changes and I am just now getting to adding water to the tanks for camping fun. It now has a total of four shut-off valves.

1. Streetside. This one appears to be to drain the freshwater tank on that side.
2. Curbside. Corresponding drain for fresh water on curbside.
3. Curbside. Corresponding drain for hot water on curbside.
4. Curbside. One that appears to shut off the feed into the hot water tank.

So today I added water to the streetside tank. Number 1, 2, and 3 are closed. Number 4 is open. All of that seems to be the correct configuration.

However, when I flip on the pump, it just runs and runs. The hot water tank is gurgling, but I ran the pump long enough that I felt it should have been filled. No water comes out the galley faucet, either hot or cold.

So before I go too much further I just wanted to get some feedback from all of you that have done this many times. Do I need to just let the pump continue to run? Do I need to somehow open the valves in a different way?

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

Mark
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Mark I had mine redone at ParkLiner in the fall when I got the battery box upgrade as well. There is a cold water line running to the water heater I had to open the valve to fill the system... just got home from camping this weekend.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:49 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Mark I had mine redone at ParkLiner in the fall when I got the battery box upgrade as well. There is a cold water line running to the water heater I had to open the valve to fill the system... just got home from camping this weekend.
Hey Deryk. I got it working!

I hope you had a good time camping.

FYI, I am pleased so far with the mods that PL did for my unit. It seems to be working now as I expected it to be when first delivered.
Birmingham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #4

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Thanks Mark, wasn't real camping, just my friends side yard for my Art groups costume party... but most of the others spent $80 a night at the motel up the road...I spent about $30 in gas there and back...well worth the ride and I gave a few tours of my ParkLiner!

I also love the mods, since mine is 003 and they were not even thinking about them at the time lol. Now that I know about the hot water shutoff will make winterizing the water heater much easier!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote