Plumbing for backyard trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #21

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Do it without receipts, then if someone gets hurt, have them arrested for trespassing!
Of course if the garages have dirt floors....
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #22

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Stick built depreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Kevin, if you are putting the trailers inside buildings, why wouldn't you purchase the cheaper stick built trailers, since it isn't going to rain inside anyway?
Dave & Paula
Great question. My logic is that stick built trailers still depreciate much quicker even if they always stay inside a garage. Since this is just an experiment, the asset has to be liquidated when the experiment is over. Fiberglass trailers remain the easiest type of housing to liquidate, with the smallest depreciation hit. I think the interiors of egg trailers are also far more robust.

To those who are worried about the potential liability of a rental situation, remember that these trailers are designed and approved to be lived in. That's all we are proposing here.
Kevin in Denver is offline   Reply With Quote