PORTAPOTTY - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Hi ALL, it's been awhile since I've posted. The snow got me down so I when to the Rv store and looked around. Came home with a new portapotty, is there a hidden issue I need to address?
Well anyway, now that I have it where to put it. I have a 13 ft boler that doesn't have the dropped
area for the potty and was wandering if any one out there has addressed this challenge?
I'm not short on ability, just ideas Please Help.
Fred
Attached Thumbnails
ti.jpg  
Old 03-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
In the Campster mine just sits in a floor-level cabinet (just about the right size) and is pulled out for use (not at all inconvenient.)
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #3

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
You could return it and get one with a smaller holding tank. When I had my 13, I stowed mine in between and under the front seats.

Mine had a level floor.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #4

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
we keep ours on the floor of the tall clothes closet during the day and bring it out at night but used only in emergencys.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft 1980 Burro
Smile

Fred, I have a 13' Burro with the bench seat in the front that converts to bunk beds at night. I converted that to a small dinette (I now keep the rear dinette made up as a double bed all the time). I cut a door under the front dinette seat by the door and installed a "drop down" door. I keep the porta potty there and it is no trouble to slide out when I need to. I did find that an older potra potty I had was too tall and I had to measure my opening and buy one that would fit it. I'll attach a couple of pictures.

Oops! For some reason it will not accept my pictures so you'll just have to mentally picture what it looks like. Sorry.
Bob Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:07 AM   #6

Trailer: Casita
Before we bought the Casita with real indoor plumbing, we used a porta-potty with our previous trailer. I went to WalMart and bought the cheapest little dome tent they had (maybe $25). It made a great outhouse. It had privacy, adequate sitting headroom and excellent ventilation. It only took a couple minutes to set up. It's pretty common to see a tent set up next to a trailer so nobody gave it a second look.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #7

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Here's one we saw.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0116.JPG  
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:12 AM   #8

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
"Number of downloads: 4"

That's a pretty small portapotty, so it probably would fit.

Oooooops! Maybe I should have logged in first.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Here's one we saw.
Love that small pop-up with the moon on the door, reminds me of somewhere long ago. Do you know what brand your pop-up is? Marg
Marg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:11 AM   #10

Trailer: 75 Boler
Quote:
Hi ALL, it's been awhile since I've posted. The snow got me down so I when to the Rv store and looked around. Came home with a new portapotty, is there a hidden issue I need to address?
Well anyway, now that I have it where to put it. I have a 13 ft boler that doesn't have the dropped
area for the potty and was wandering if any one out there has addressed this challenge?
I'm not short on ability, just ideas Please Help.
Fred
Most people put them under their Butts. ok-ok, Sorry, Had to do it.
Mike Montville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #11

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Most people put them under their Butts. ok-ok, Sorry, Had to do it.
hee, hee......
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #12

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
OK,

I was thinking of cutting a hole under my couch and adding a door and putting the potty under there. I was chatting with someone and they suggested I would need to reinforce underneath since cutting a hole might compromise the fiberglass. Is that true?

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #13

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Homer did it this way.

Name:   toiletchair.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  25.1 KB
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #14

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
Quote:
OK,

I was thinking of cutting a hole under my couch...
I put my porta potty this way in my previous Unimog Camper box. lifted the foam and the door ontop exposing the potty below it. What I did different though was .... it was ready to sit on where it sat. Little nicer to look at than Hommers version. NO sliding it out or anything. Just lift the cushion and take care of business.

This takes a tiny bit more engineering in how you cut out the fiberglass below your couch and how you build your lift top door but it worked great for me and Im sure it will for you too. You could put a false front on it so when the porta potty was full you could slide it out foward instead of trying to lift it out from the top. This false front could be constructed of parts of the fiberglass you cut out.

This concept would most likely require reinforcing the arear you cut out to keep things strong. Not a real difficult thing though.
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote