Pump faucet doesn't fit...how to fill hole? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-06-2016, 01:30 AM   #15

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennifer View Post
Our new Whale V hand pump came today, and I LOVE the way it look. However, in my admiration of it, I forgot to Check the measurements.

My mine is moving on both temporary and permanent fixes; I need to somehow bridge and/or fill this hole in such a way that I can add a screw to mount the back of the faucet through, AND make it look good.

Any genius ideas?
There are lots of things you could use.
Do you have a tools such as a table saw and hole saws?
Fabricating a mounting plate adapter is not all that difficult but it does require some basic tools and skills.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #16

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
We have it all.

Tractors1, I might take you up on that custom made piece, as we don't have a lathe, however.

But...I give you our possibly temporary, but quickly created, cheap solution (camping in less than 10 days now, and don't even know if the plumbing works yet!)...a hole saw and a nylon electrical plate. I need to get new longer screws for the faucet screw holes.

This gives me reprieve to make sure our bed is in order, and we have everything else working, too.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

Old 06-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zennifer View Post
We have it all.

Tractors1, I might take you up on that custom made piece, as we don't have a lathe, however.

But...I give you our possibly temporary, but quickly created, cheap solution (camping in less than 10 days now, and don't even know if the plumbing works yet!)...a hole saw and a nylon electrical plate. I need to get new longer screws for the faucet screw holes.

This gives me reprieve to make sure our bed is in order, and we have everything else working, too.
Lemme know, I could make two that you could use one above and one below the countertop to sandwich things together. Drills/cuts easily with common wood working tools.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: http://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #18

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Jennifer,

I love your solution! And I hope you don't change it; you can caulk it if necessary, it looks great, and will remind you how clever you are!

Happy Trails!